advertisement

Cricket 2021 - all things cricket for this year on pfm

More great batting in the T10 certainly fast paced entertainment , shame it will be finished soon .
Root playing another Captains innings , nice to see this on channel 4 as Sky normally hogs most of the cricket

A tremendous first day for England. India will come back strong I’m sure but for now England have a great chance in this series which is notoriously difficult to win. Especially given India’s win in Australia.
Joe Root in the form of his life!

Did you see Koththigoda bowling? The weirdest action I have ever seen and can't be good for his back.

Puts me in mind of Paul Adams.

main-qimg-58acf549b24ad08b9f8790b811614be6-c

Test looks hopeful but, did you hear the pundits talking about the 2016 match at that ground. England got 400 reasonably happy then India went in and got near 800! So we shall see how the match progresses.

Great batting performance - when did England last post 500+? This India team has just caned the Aussies too. Shouldn't lose from here - hopefully!

Piled on a good few runs today so we should be on for a draw at worst which is good against India but really hoping the win is on

Not bored but it was a bit of a meh batting display toward the end, why not go T20 mode. Also why not give Jimmy the new ball. Anyway be up again to see if they can get 9 in time.

Root is a good batsman, but his captaincy, and remember, he works closely with the coach, so isn't entirely at fault, is conservative at best. I'd prefer to see Buttler as captain, or perhaps the inimitable Stokes. England would lose a few, but think of the fun !

By the way, I think this Indian team is something really special, much as the West Indian or Australian teams have been in the past. They may lose this match and this series, but they have the talent and belief to beat the best. I mean, which of their batsmen alone wouldn't walk into any other team on the planet?

advertisement

Back