advertisement

Cricket 2021 - all things cricket for this year on pfm

I feel so sorry for Mark Wood - he must have felt so let down by the batsmen (again) after his heroic efforts with the ball - ably supported by Broad, of course. Interesting how Root and Silverwood have both publicly professed a desire to carry on in their respective roles. I think that after a result like this the only rightful course is to dispatch them both, and Giles should go as well for that matter.

Yes , there has to be a clear out because what we have now is clearly not working .
Root seems to lack ideas and control as a captain and should just concentrate on becoming NO 1 batsman in the world

England batsmen need to study the blocking technique of NoVax. It took Australia 2 weeks to get him out.

England vs West Indies underway ,at present England 71/7 after 15 overs , yet another shambolic performance , one wicket even a run out !
I thought we were actually good at T20, apparently not !
West Indies are not even a highly ranked team so looks like English cricket has hit rock bottom

I think the T20 World Cup showed that the England T20 team were on the decline, this result against the Windies just confirms it.

Well , they actually won the second game but after a good batting total almost lost it at the end by poor bowling so win was by 1 run ! However a win is a good result and hopefully we can regain the past T20 form

U19 World Cup team doing really well in Windies.
Just watched them thrash South Africa to reach the semi finals. Bethell scored 88 from 42 balls and they won with almost 19 overs to spare.

Another loss yesterday ,Powell thrashing out a 100 to some poor bowling ,2 matches left I think , lets hope we can bounce back

It`s hard to see how Root could be happy to carry on as Captain - better he goes back to just batting. Not easy to see who replaces him though, perhaps that`s why he`s staying

advertisement

Back