advertisement

Cricket 2021 - all things cricket for this year on pfm

Not bored but it was a bit of a meh batting display toward the end, why not go T20 mode. Also why not give Jimmy the new ball. Anyway be up again to see if they can get 9 in time.

Because they were not batting against an average T20 bowler on a deteriorating pitch. Ashwin has taken 386 test wickets: 4th highest of all time for an Indian bowler.
Bumrah is a bit special too.

I think the idea is to win games not “lose a few”. So on that basis I’m happy for the captain with the best win percentage since Brearley to continue what he’s doing.

Because they were not batting against an average T20 bowler on a deteriorating pitch. Ashwin has taken 386 test wickets: 4th highest of all time for an indian bowler.
Bumrah is a bit special too.
If you are ever in France, I'll buy you a beer. Well put :)

It’s so difficult to win away in India. To do it by 227 runs against a team that won the series in Australia is absolutely outstanding. One of the great away wins.
Hope the damn rotation policy doesn’t have a detrimental affect on the series.

Let's not get carried away. The Aussies did, and look what happened there.

India had previously won 8 home test matches in a row. England have won 6 away test matches in a row. Time for a little satisfaction at least. Kohli will approach the next toss with some apprehension I suspect. Should be a great contest.

Let's not get carried away. The Aussies did, and look what happened there.

Yes, what happened to Tim Paine? He acted the complete chump!

Well done to England - they were fantastic. Yes, they won a crucial toss so had the best of the wicket to run up a big score in the first innings, but they still had to deliver the goods, and they did, in spades.

Commiserations to India but I am sure they will be stung into a much better (and possibly winning) performance in the second Test.

The pitch wasn't that different for India's first innings. None of their players capitalised on their starts. We were lucky in Root playing out of his skin and a couple of big partnerships. Leach hadn't played for over a year. He's getting better each spell. He suffered at the hands of Pants, that can always happen against a player such as Pants, Bess is only 23 and suffers with confidence. He will get there. Think Moeen may replace him for second test.
Amazing over from Jimmy.

Don't forget Archer. Some of his deliveries in their first innings were fantastic.

It was an all round team performance but doing it all again in just 3 days is a big ask.

It was great watching the Indian batsmen who got out to an English spinner, they wanted the ground to open up :D

Not sure there will be many changes. Obviously Foakes for Butler and maybe Moeen for Bess. winder if they will rotate Broad for Anderson. England could end up with a stronger team.

Great performance by the bowlers , Leach and Anderson on fire with others chipping in with wickets as well . Archer looked particularly nasty to have to face and hopefully he can keep this up on the next pitch as it is a good psycological weapon

Not sure - you can bet, however, that the Indians know who the three keys to the English batting are, and will be working feverishly on ways to get them out. The opening partnership has yet to gel, as do most other batspersons besides Stokes and Buttler.

Root? Take him out, and you have a fragile batting line-up in terms of digging in. In Root you have a decent/good batsman - still not convinced by his captaincy, however.

advertisement

Back