Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Crap Christmas presents that bring joy

Discussion in 'off topic' started by GruntPuppy, Nov 24, 2021 at 12:03 PM.

1. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!

I buy for my daughter, nieces and nephews, brothers and parents… I ask nothing in return, I pretty much have everything I need/want because I buy it when I need/want it… but I usually receive clothes, which means I can be fashionable again for a while… or whiskey/something alcoholic. All I really want is proper relaxation time with family/friends, without having to worry about being anywhere or do anything at a particular time.

2. hifilover1979

hifilover1979 Bigger than you...

Boxers & socks for me thinking about it... Always welcomed from my wife :)

linnfomaniac83 likes this.
  3. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!

Absolutely, nothing better than the feeling of new socks on Christmas morning… it’s about the only time I have socks because it’s the only time I can get to them before my daughter “borrows” them.

AnilS and hifilover1979 like this.
  4. Jimin

Jimin pfm Member

linnfomaniac83 and Bjork67 like this.
  5. Rockmeister

Rockmeister pfm Member

Ahhhhh....socks
    The gentleman's preferred way to express his personality in comfort :)

6. boon

boon pfm Member

Try going direct to Wensleydale creamery, fantastic selection. https://www.wensleydale.co.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzpnk44y09AIVC5BoCR0kKA5mEAAYASAAEgICFfD_BwE

martin clark and GruntPuppy like this.
  7. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

That's too far away from us but it's popping up all over and not yet December. We've had to put in special procedures just in case, but the practical aspects of coping with AI in our area are very difficult. Fingers crossed it doesn't reach us.

dweezil likes this.
  8. GruntPuppy

GruntPuppy pfm Member

Socks and boxers are things of goodness - but I got a massive amount of those in June for my birthday.

9. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Hat and Beard member

That would explain why every pair I own is black.

hifilover1979 likes this.
  10. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

Our family has been expanding at a rapid pace in recent years meaning gift giving at Xmas was in danger of getting a bit out of hand. We've instituted a Secret Santa system for the adults where we all just buy/receive a modest gift for one other person. The kids still get spoilt by everyone. I think it's a been a bit of a relief for everyone to not be buying for 20+ people.

11. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

[​IMG]

12. Amormusic

Amormusic pfm Member

If you haven't tried them already and don't own them... Specify that you want to receive Bamboo socks and Bamboo boxers. They are a thing of joy to wear. Sooooooo soft, much much softer than cotton. It's like wearing a nice hug for your feet, or erm, other things

13. hifilover1979

hifilover1979 Bigger than you...

That's what we get (although some FatFace socks are generally in there too)

My wife's on a mission when it comes to stuff like this, so bamboo trollies are always in order :D

14. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

they might be a joy to wear I agree, but they don't last long. Tried 5 or 6 different brands and they all wear appallingly badly.

15. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

16. blossomchris

blossomchris I feel better than James Brown

finally managed to wean our offsprings from.. xmas presents. my wife set the parameters, can only spend max £10 p.p. and items must be purchased from a charity shop. should have done it years ago, celebrating summfing you do not believe in is infantile imo

TheDecameron likes this.
  17. Thorn

Thorn pfm Member

I once read that black socks are only for butlers. I've been buying Happy Socks ever since.

18. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

Same here. I’m beginning to think that you are me, apart from the beard of course but that might be false.

19. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Hat and Beard member

It’s possible. If I am you and not really me, it would certainly go some way to explaining my default state of complete confusion.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021 at 6:42 PM
  20. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Can you reveal if you/ Marchy wear sock suspenders?