advertisement

Crap Christmas presents that bring joy

I don't like contributing to the Chinese Imperialist plan to sink the West under the weight of a surfeit of ridiculously cheap and nice guitars but...
This thing is the dog's doodahs.
I have quite a few guitars and have played Gibbons and Fenders but I love this baby. It's a proper instrument with Telecaster graunch and twang and looks great to boot.
I got one for the grandson but couldn't resist getting one for the collection.
65 quid new on ebay and delivered safely by Hermes (!?) unbelievably.
Ideally requires a little basic set-up to taste but essentially plays OK out of the box.
Great prezzy.

spent alot of time in Peshawar with the British Council and holidayed in Gilgit regularly. Lost count of the number of times I visited India - 50+
Toured the area with a friend a lifetime ago, Swat valley and everything. Watched polo in Gilgit. Silk Road up to the Chinese border. Sunnis and Shias being chummy...Left part of my heart there.

Reactions: PsB
Toured the area with a friend a lifetime ago, Swat valley and everything. Watched polo in Gilgit. Silk Road up to the Chinese border. Sunnis and Shias being chummy...Left part of my heart there.
I toured the area with two friends in late 1984, and most of the scenery was breathtaking. I thought Gilgit was a bit of a dump, but loved the Hunza and the Indus valleys. We walked to within 30 km of the Chinese border. The Shia in Skardu were not chummy at all, something to do with Muharram perhaps, but the Isma'ilis in the Hunza valley were incredibly hospitable. Never got to the Swat valley unfortunately, and doubt I ever will now.

Last edited:

I don't like contributing to the Chinese Imperialist plan to sink the West under the weight of a surfeit of ridiculously cheap and nice guitars but...
This thing is the dog's doodahs.
I have quite a few guitars and have played Gibbons and Fenders but I love this baby. It's a proper instrument with Telecaster graunch and twang and looks great to boot.
I got one for the grandson but couldn't resist getting one for the collection.
65 quid new on ebay and delivered safely by Hermes (!?) unbelievably.
Ideally requires a little basic set-up to taste but essentially plays OK out of the box.
Great prezzy.
Oh no. There's a Thinline version too. Not sure I can resist ..

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Not sure I can resist ..
I have their J Bass as well.
Equally impressive. Can’t find anything wrong with it but plenty that’s right: solidly built, sounds, plays and looks great.
I could only find this make on eBay but that was fine with me as their buyer protection is good.
The main worry for me is that they use Hermes so keep fingers crossed that it arrives in one piece!

here is something cr4p that would not bring joy to my stockings

https://metro.co.uk/2021/12/01/hein...nge-mayo-just-in-time-for-christmas-15693512/

image.png

advertisement

Back