advertisement

Crap Christmas presents that bring joy

I buy for my daughter, nieces and nephews, brothers and parents… I ask nothing in return, I pretty much have everything I need/want because I buy it when I need/want it… but I usually receive clothes, which means I can be fashionable again for a while… or whiskey/something alcoholic. All I really want is proper relaxation time with family/friends, without having to worry about being anywhere or do anything at a particular time.

Hopefully things will pick up soon - i rather like the idea of interesting pickles and condiments as a stocking filler, and am put in mind of the flavoured cheeses that Morrisons are selling too - a christmas cake Wensleydale springs to mind immediately as something I might buy as a little extra present for one of my parents.
Try going direct to Wensleydale creamery, fantastic selection. https://www.wensleydale.co.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzpnk44y09AIVC5BoCR0kKA5mEAAYASAAEgICFfD_BwE

Another stressful year in the chicken trade as avian flu pops up; seems to be most years now.

Hope the Thirsk outbreak won't affect you.
That's too far away from us but it's popping up all over and not yet December. We've had to put in special procedures just in case, but the practical aspects of coping with AI in our area are very difficult. Fingers crossed it doesn't reach us.

We did the same for the whole family last year and will do so again this year. When you look at all the tat people buy, it’s really getting quite embarrassing on environmental grounds alone, never mind the superfluous consumption.

Our family has been expanding at a rapid pace in recent years meaning gift giving at Xmas was in danger of getting a bit out of hand. We've instituted a Secret Santa system for the adults where we all just buy/receive a modest gift for one other person. The kids still get spoilt by everyone. I think it's a been a bit of a relief for everyone to not be buying for 20+ people.

That would explain why every pair I own is black.

Im5aEX6.png

Boxers & socks for me thinking about it... Always welcomed from my wife :)
If you haven't tried them already and don't own them... Specify that you want to receive Bamboo socks and Bamboo boxers. They are a thing of joy to wear. Sooooooo soft, much much softer than cotton. It's like wearing a nice hug for your feet, or erm, other things

If you haven't tried them already and don't own them... Specify that you want to receive Bamboo socks and Bamboo boxers. They are a thing of joy to wear. Sooooooo soft, much much softer than cotton. It's like wearing a nice hug for your feet, or erm, other things

That's what we get (although some FatFace socks are generally in there too)

My wife's on a mission when it comes to stuff like this, so bamboo trollies are always in order :D

finally managed to wean our offsprings from.. xmas presents. my wife set the parameters, can only spend max £10 p.p. and items must be purchased from a charity shop. should have done it years ago, celebrating summfing you do not believe in is infantile imo

Same here. I’m beginning to think that you are me, apart from the beard of course but that might be false.
It’s possible. If I am you and not really me, it would certainly go some way to explaining my default state of complete confusion.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back