advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunak will surely announce that the public sector must share the pain. Whilst hundreds of thousands lose their jobs and businesses, the public sector, who is funded by these very people, cannot remain immune. 20% pay cut for those earning over £40K (tapered between 40 and 50K) and on final salary pensions seems fair and reasonable.

Sunak will surely announce that the public sector must share the pain. Whilst hundreds of thousands lose their jobs and businesses, the public sector, who is funded by these very people, cannot remain immune. 20% pay cut for those earning over £40K (tapered between 40 and 50K) and on final salary pensions seems fair and reasonable.
Cause the tories have pissed it up the wall and shoveled billions to their mates?
Pay for that?
Stuff that.
It's not even as if they can say they got results.

Does this ridiculous idea include a 20% reduction in working hours?

Nope. You’ll need someone to carry the 2-3p in the pound income tax increase, that will come to pay for all of this.

Also, we can thank the journalist that leaked the lockdown on the full pubs before Thursday? But, we needed to know...

If it’s any consolation I have had a 20% pay cut & more like 35% year on year but I am in the private sector & no one gives a crap about us.

Pretty much all the people I work with have had similar apart from the ones made redundant.

I don’t expect the public sector to suffer the same fate & am thankful for this as my wife is a head teacher.

Do I think those who are in full time work should perhaps be paying more tax, yes. We need to all have some of the pain. But a 20% pay cut because I happen to be a hard working civil servant, I don't f***ing think so.

And certainly not while SERCO and others are minting it.

No way!! Those already on low incomes should be spared this.

Two wrongs don't make a right so I don't see why the public sector should have to suffer just because the private sector is (which I know is not what you are suggesting Woodface, I'm just making a general point).

To be fair I chose to work in the private sector, and work for myself to boot, and I am now seeing a significant downturn in work, but... I have done very well in other years and not lived up to my means so luckily have something to fall back on. At the end of the day we all make choices in life.... I just think of those businesses and jobs who have been really hard hit and think about how lucky I am really.

Cause the tories have pissed it up the wall and shoveled billions to their mates?
Pay for that?
Stuff that.
It's not even as if they can say they got results.
Dido and her mates won’t be taking a pay cut, in fact theyre probably on grotesque non-performance related bonuses. The beauty of the ( rigged) market...

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back