advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the seven days to 25 October, Liverpool had an infection rate of 475.5 cases per 100,000 residents, down from 585.1 for the previous week.

R-value for UK estimated at 1.1 to 1.3, down from 1.2 to 1.4

Averages hide the peak figures. Hospitals here are full just now.

She has rung in sick yesterday and today, doubtless it will be all my fault. She happens to be pregnant too. At least that's nothing to do with me.

She's got a cousin
In fact she's got 'bout a dozen
She's got one in the oven
But it's nothing to do with me

Excellent news Del, but have you decided on the HiFi upgrade?!
That is the most important thing! ;).I am leaning towards a cd transport. I have a nice Dac and it appears to have improved my current CD player a little and it’s not a young player! So I feel that a new transport may improve my enjoyment. It’s a CXC or Audiolab at the moment but I’ve got time to catch a deal.I know CXCs will drop in a Richer sale on Black Friday so I’ll harbour my funds and wait to pounce.Want a black one though!

Thankfully I seem to be over my Covid experience and can go out of the house tomorrow. My wife tested negative today. School to return to normal function over the next few days.Two of my pupils tested positive so class won’t start until Wednesday so I’ll be on line teaching until then.Glad to get through it relatively unscathed though and hoping I have developed some form of immunity that’ll last until vaccinations.Hoping teachers will figure with early vaccinations as it is an anxious time in the smaller schools like ours where distancing etc is less easy to manage.
Thanks guys. Nice to have the support and Pink Fish has been a great distraction this week, a# always! Love it here.

I heard on local news that they were out drinking in fancy dress last night in Notts city centre, clowns...
I saw the videos on the BBC. A full scale street party, lots of physical contact. Fools indeed. The solution has to be around education concentrating on the impact on the wider community. You may be 20-25, I know it is low risk for you. But it's not about you. How would you feel if your partying came home to your granny and she didn't make it?

Thankfully I seem to be over my Covid experience and can go out of the house tomorrow. My wife tested negative today. School to return to normal function over the next few days.Two of my pupils tested positive so class won’t start until Wednesday so I’ll be on line teaching until then.Glad to get through it relatively unscathed though and hoping I have developed some form of immunity that’ll last until vaccinations.Hoping teachers will figure with early vaccinations as it is an anxious time in the smaller schools like ours where distancing etc is less easy to manage.
Glad to hear that - hope you feel first rate soon.

I saw the videos on the BBC. A full scale street party, lots of physical contact. Fools indeed. The solution has to be around education concentrating on the impact on the wider community. You may be 20-25, I know it is low risk for you. But it's not about you. How would you feel if your partying came home to your granny and she didn't make it?
Yes. It was sad to see. What’s happened to empathy? It seems to evaded many. It’s especially galling when so many have taken this seriously and demonstrated care and humility. Of course, education is important but it doesn’t seem to reach some so Im afraid there need to be other responses for those who just don’t seem to get it and will put a pint, a costume and themselves before else. Sad to say this.

That is the most important thing! ;).I am leaning towards a cd transport. I have a nice Dac and it appears to have improved my current CD player a little and it’s not a young player! So I feel that a new transport may improve my enjoyment. It’s a CXC or Audiolab at the moment but I’ve got time to catch a deal.I know CXCs will drop in a Richer sale on Black Friday so I’ll harbour my funds and wait to pounce.Want a black one though!
I have seen a black mint CXC for £240.Is that a good deal do you think?

That is the most important thing! ;).I am leaning towards a cd transport. I have a nice Dac and it appears to have improved my current CD player a little and it’s not a young player! So I feel that a new transport may improve my enjoyment. It’s a CXC or Audiolab at the moment but I’ve got time to catch a deal.I know CXCs will drop in a Richer sale on Black Friday so I’ll harbour my funds and wait to pounce. Want a black one though!

push the boat out, there might be a CDS2 going for a decent price? ;)

push the boat out, there might be a CDS2 going for a decent price? ;)
I’ve done my Naim period.It was expensive. I like to do it on a shoestring nowadays and have derived more pleasure from this approach. It’s also brought the music back to the fore for me.

I’ve done my Naim period.It was expensive. I like to do it on a shoestring nowadays and gave derived more pleasure from this approach. It’s also brought the music back to the fore for me.

bravo, since my deafness in one ear 2 years back, I'm now looking to move to streamed only... lots of Naim kit to move ... enjoy

bravo, since my deafness in one ear 2 years back, I'm now looking to move to streamed only... lots of Naim kit to move ... enjoy
I was the same in one ear but have recovered most of the hearing now. It’s come back with the Covid but I think it’ll pass.

The ‘youngsters’ need to understand that if they act like morons, they probably won’t die but they won’t have a future as there won’t be any economy left. They’ll also be the ones paying the bill.

The ‘youngsters’ need to understand that if they act like morons, they probably won’t die but they won’t have a future as there won’t be any economy left. They’ll also be the ones paying the bill.

They'd be the ones paying the bill anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back