advertisement

Chord Mojo thread

To render internet radio in BubbleUPNP select the Playlist panel. In the top right corner of the screen click on the three dots. In the dropdown menu you will see 'Add stream URL'. Enter whatever radio stream url you wish then you can then save it as a playlist, and your various radio stations appear in the playlist.
Presumably that works for live radio, but not catch-up?

Getting a bit ahead of myself here. I received free of charge a Audioquest USB C to USB C Cinnamon interconnect with my Mojo order. I do quite a lot of listening from my PC & desktop streaming apps so to make use of this cable I bought a USB A to USB C adapter (just an adapter) so I could plug it in to my PC. Firing up Qobuz yesterday I duly plugged in my new USB C cable & was quite astounded how fab the Mojo sounded compared to the Oyaide USB A to USB B cable with a micro USB adapter (Audioquest) that was my go to cable. I mean bass is so much more holographic, so much more defined, this definition seems to carry all the way through the frequency band :eek:

At the moment I've no way of directly comparing the Audioquest through both input medium until I get a USB micro adapter, so my question is, to USB C or not USB C? Is it capable or better performace?

I bought one of these Fiio USB-C to Lightening cables (as recommended upthread by another member, but now disappeared?) to listen with my old iPhone 5 SE.
It worked fine at first, but now the iPhone displays "This Accessory is Not Supported" and refuses to see the Mojo 2. Strange that it was working and now not. Wondering do I need to fork out for the expensive and bulky Apple Camera adaptor thingy?

The Fiio cable works fine with my wife's iPhone 8. Strange.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Getting a bit ahead of myself here. I received free of charge a Audioquest USB C to USB C Cinnamon interconnect with my Mojo order. I do quite a lot of listening from my PC & desktop streaming apps so to make use of this cable I bought a USB A to USB C adapter (just an adapter) so I could plug it in to my PC. Firing up Qobuz yesterday I duly plugged in my new USB C cable & was quite astounded how fab the Mojo sounded compared to the Oyaide USB A to USB B cable with a micro USB adapter (Audioquest) that was my go to cable. I mean bass is so much more holographic, so much more defined, this definition seems to carry all the way through the frequency band :eek:

At the moment I've no way of directly comparing the Audioquest through both input medium until I get a USB micro adapter, so my question is, to USB C or not USB C? Is it capable or better performace?

I'm sure I read or heard that Robb Watts had said there is no difference between using micro USB and USB-C connections. The two inputs are equal. Whether you can change things by changing cables is another matter. But as far as the Mojo 2 is concerned, it doesn't matter whether it receives input via USB micro or USB-C.

Last edited:
I've been trying to sum up all the things that make the Mojo 2 sound so good. I reckon the list is long but one thing's for sure, the net result is that listening to music through the Mojo 2 (via HD650s) is a positively compelling experience.

same with HD660's and a little bit of dsp in the treble (yellow and green lights i think by one click) has made them more lively.

I bought one of these Fiio USB-C to Lightening cables (as recommended upthread by another member, but now disappeared?) to listen with my old iPhone 5 SE.
It worked fine at first, but now the iPhone displays "This Accessory is Not Supported" and refuses to see the Mojo 2. Strange that it was working and now not. Wondering do I need to fork out for the expensive and bulky Apple Camera adaptor thingy?

The Fiio cable works fine with my wife's iPhone 8. Strange.
I had similar problem when I had an iPhone 5. Bought a special cable to power the original Mojo & worked fine for quite some time, then 1 day it stopped working altogether. Thought the cable had become faulty so I sent it back. Couldn't get a replacement unfortunately but after sending it back I had this feeling it was not the cable at all but more likely dirty contacts preventing the phone from reading it correctly & as such would come up with a message (cant remember what the message was). I thought it more likely this than any software update that may have caused the message as the supplier suggested.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Incidentally, I never really saw the point of having two headphone sockets to allow two people to listen to the same music at the same time. It almost seemed like a fad borrowed from the '80s... until I saw somebody mention elsewhere that the two sockets allow you to compare headphones. Suddenly two sockets make sense!
Also means you can leave it connected to an amplifier, whilst still retaining a headphone socket for when it’s needed. That’s how I use mine.

Also means you can leave it connected to an amplifier, whilst still retaining a headphone socket for when it’s needed. That’s how I use mine.

I presume it's safe to playback at full volume to headphones? Assuming that's what one does with regard to the other output. Either, it's an intriguing possibility.

I presume it's safe to playback at full volume to headphones? Assuming that's what one does with regard to the other output. Either, it's an intriguing possibility.
You just need to be careful that you turn it on to variable volume when intending to use headphones. Otherwise it’s deafening (I know this from experience).

+1 don't leave yr headphones plugged-in, if also using the Mojo, either version, as a line-level Dac!

I have another use for the ' pair of outputs' ..will try to post here/ main headphone thread how/why perhaps this w/end

I've blown a pair of headphones with the Mojo with it's line level setting, so no its not safe at all. The experience is not good. You cant turn it off/disconnect quick enough.

i thought mojo2 removed this possibility? ie you have to set to line level if you turn it off as it can be left on permanently with the new battery management system. I may be wrong as i only use mine in portable mode.

i thought mojo2 removed this possibility? ie you have to set to line level if you turn it off as it can be left on permanently with the new battery management system. I may be wrong as i only use mine in portable mode.

I think Chord removed the Line Out mode for this model mode so that to achieve Line Out in the Mojo 2 you simply turn the volume up to maximum. From what I've heard, the first Mojo had a Line Out option that worked independently from normal volume adjustments but now it's all done via the digital volume control, which is to say the Mojo 2 doesn't know whether it's being used with a pair of headphones or whether it's being used in a system. All it knows is how much volume is being applied, and it's up to the user to make sure that volume is appropriate to the context of headphones or system.

I just tried using the Mojo 2 in my bedroom system to see whether it could and should replace my Dacmagic Plus. I connected the Mojo via optical while the Dacmagic was already connected via Coax, and after level matching, I was able to switch between the two DACs to make some comparisons. In a nutshell, there wasn’t much to pick between them. In fact, if I hadn’t known which input was active, I doubt I would have been able to tell the difference. All of which is to say I’ll just stick to using the Mojo as a headphone amp/DAC and the Dacmagic can stay put. If nothing else, it takes the possibility of buying another Mojo 2 to use as an in situ DAC off the table.

Fwiw, the speakers are Kralk Audio BC-30s, which are more about the boogie than detail and resolution. It's not what I would have expected considering how great the Mojo is with my HD650s, but there you go, the results are in.

I bought one. £385 seems like a fair price. It will be interesting to see if the special price remains or if the price will go up again after the summer. I plan to use it as a DAC/pre in a second system with an amptastic as the power amp.
The source will be a CCA set up as a roon endpoint.

Main problem is that the current house doesn’t have room for the second system, so the mojo will likely stay in the cupboard for a while :).

I used to own a TT2 which I loved, but sold it to make funds for an accuphase pre/power combo.

I haven't tried any EQ options myself. But the thing sounds so enjoyable as it is I'm not sure I'll even bother trying out any of the EQ options.

advertisement

Back