advertisement

Chord Mojo thread

I guess you are keeping your Poly then...
Nope it’s gone.. I used it infrequently and as it’s constantly on I had to top charge up, so using mojo 2 wired with the extra features is ok by me. Set up the mojo 2 today with a bit of cross feed and lift in the treble to brighten the dark sounding senn 660’s and it’s a clear uplift on mojo 1.

Has anyone compared a Dragonfly Cobalt with a Mojo? Thoughts please as this is what I have.

Also, I'm colour blind. The colour based balls. Does each one change colour, or just certain ones light up with a colour (in which case I can just remember when a certain light is on what that means).

I've read lots about these, but the latter point has always put me off as I don't know if I'd be able to use it and so consequently have never heard one.

Thanks.

Has anyone compared a Dragonfly Cobalt with a Mojo? Thoughts please as this is what I have.

Also, I'm colour blind. The colour based balls. Does each one change colour, or just certain ones light up with a colour (in which case I can just remember when a certain light is on what that means).

I've read lots about these, but the latter point has always put me off as I don't know if I'd be able to use it and so consequently have never heard one.

Thanks.
Yes, the balls change colour. The volume up/down balls change with volume, so if your memory is good you can tell visually what the volume level is (ha ha) & the Power on button is initially red on power on which donates it is on but also the input is CD 44.1khz or lower (it ignores MP3), this changes to different colours depending on bit rate input.

It's exactly this idiosyncratic way of operation and unusual looks that makes the product so interesting. What else is there like it? Easy and quick to use once you get the hang of it.

Was looking at used Mojo 1's on Ebay etc (around £160-!180) but I noticed the Mojo 2 is now available at £395 from several outlets. Seems a good price.
I'm thinking of giving one a try with my Macbook and Beyerdynamic DT 770's. I would also like to try it with my Yamaha WXC-50 network streamer which has an optical out, into a mini-amp and speakers.
Wondering if I am likely to get a decent uplift in sound quality and enjoyment?
I'd not be using it as a portable device which may be a bit daft, but from what I can read the sound quality is best value for money.

Was looking at used Mojo 1's on Ebay etc (around £160-!180) but I noticed the Mojo 2 is now available at £395 from several outlets. Seems a good price.
I'm thinking of giving one a try with my Macbook and Beyerdynamic DT 770's. I would also like to try it with my Yamaha WXC-50 network streamer which has an optical out, into a mini-amp and speakers.
Wondering if I am likely to get a decent uplift in sound quality and enjoyment?
I'd not be using it as a portable device which may be a bit daft, but from what I can read the sound quality is best value for money.
you wont be disappointed, especially with £100 off. Its a fresher sounding dac than the mojo1 and battery management and dsp seals the deal for me. I use mine at home with sennheiser 660's and focal elegia and it does a very good job

Thanks for the reassurance hifi-dog. I can get an extra tenner off as a first-time Richer Sounds VIP member too, so even better. My only reservation is how well it will work in a stereo hi-fi set up. This would ultimately be it's main use.
Also unsure how it compares ( sound wise) to a more dedicated desktop unit like the ifi Zen One Signature or Zen DAC V2. Having said that, I do try to patronise UK companies if I can.

Thanks for the reassurance hifi-dog. I can get an extra tenner off as a first-time Richer Sounds VIP member too, so even better. My only reservation is how well it will work in a stereo hi-fi set up. This would ultimately be it's main use.
Also unsure how it compares ( sound wise) to a more dedicated desktop unit like the ifi Zen One Signature or Zen DAC V2. Having said that, I do try to patronise UK companies if I can.
the charging arrangement of the mojo2 is designed to allow that now as the battery is disconnected automatically when its up to full charge when used as a desktop dac. Ive tried ifi dac before and found it a bit thin but your ears may vary and with the mojo the dsp allows you to tailor across the whole frequency band.

the charging arrangement of the mojo2 is designed to allow that now as the battery is disconnected automatically when its up to full charge when used as a desktop dac. Ive tried ifi dac before and found it a bit thin but your ears may vary and with the mojo the dsp allows you to tailor across the whole frequency band.

I definitely don't like thin. I'm hoping for more articulate bass. Being a bass player myself, I like to hear what they are doing.

I've pulled the trigger; £385 from Richer Sounds. Seems relatively low-risk at that price. I can always move it on without too much depreciation if I don't like it. Tempted to get a case too, but I'm too stingy.

What type of cable would be needed to connect to the Mojo 2's Coax-in? It looks very small and unlike the usual RCA-type coax connector. Does this need a propriety cable to receive the coax output from a CD player or streamer?

Got my Mojo Workin'.....

Have received my Mojo 2. Best Hi-Fi thing I've bought for a long time. Suddenly streaming "works" for me, so a pretty big leap. Stayed up last night way past my bedtime listening to music on the headphones. I still prefer speakers though. 'Phones hurt my ears after a couple of hours and become unbearable.
A great wee gadget and it looks lovely too, with those big, colourful, juicy buttons...what a sucker I am for aesthetics.

I can't imagine lugging it around in a pocket though. People who use these on the move with wired earphones are dedicated indeed.

It really seems to sort out Spotify, closing the gap between it and Qobuz.

good man! welcome to the club - what headphones you using?

Thanks. I'm using Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250ohm. Don't know if they are rated as any good. They were bought mainly for watching films on the PC without annoying the missus.

Does not matter if people think they are good, as long as you like them then doesn’t matter., you could possibly swap the ear pads out if you find then uncomfortable.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Tried the Mojo in the car yesterday. Made a significant improvement in the sound quality. Qobuz>iPhone>Mojo>Aux into car stereo. Luckily I'm using an older car with an Aux input, so wired connection is easy.

I didn't buy this thing for it's portability, but it's actually quite a useful feature. East to swap it in and out of various signal paths to see what benefits it brings. Might take it along to my brother's house when visiting later this week. Try it out in his home-recording and TV set ups.

I'm really liking it. There are not many products that I actively enjoy using but this is one of them.

advertisement

Back