advertisement

Chord Mojo thread

Incidentally, I never really saw the point of having two headphone sockets to allow two people to listen to the same music at the same time. It almost seemed like a fad borrowed from the '80s... until I saw somebody mention elsewhere that the two sockets allow you to compare headphones. Suddenly two sockets make sense!
Also, if you want to convert a nice set of phono interconnects into something for connecting your mojo to your main stereo system, you could replace the phonos at the mojo end with a pair of 3.5mm jack plugs, one wired for left signal only, the other for right. That would save having to try and cram a pair of cables into a single 3.5mm plug.

Also, if you want to convert a nice set of phono interconnects into something for connecting your mojo to your main stereo system, you could replace the phonos at the mojo end with a pair of 3.5mm jack plugs, one wired for left signal only, the other for right. That would save having to try and cram a pair of cables into a single 3.5mm plug.
I just use stereo phono to 3.5mm plug adapter. Does same job.

Yebbut I don't really like the 3.5mm miniplug as a connector.
So I take advantage of both, into my headphone amp; doubles the availability of a near-0 ohm contact for signal 0v etc.
& No, I cannot say it makes a difference, but it's neat & tidy, for me/ my uses.

Just taken delivery of a Mojo 2, to compare with my original one. Quick question, how are people setting the volume, when running it into an amplifier? On the Mojo 1, choosing full output is a doddle.

I set the 2 to full volume, by clicking through as far as I could. But the volume was deafening through the speakers. Current workaround is to have the volume set so that the balls are the same colour as the Mojo 1 (light purple). This seems to equate to full volume on the 1.

Any thoughts?

Just taken delivery of a Mojo 2, to compare with my original one. Quick question, how are people setting the volume, when running it into an amplifier? On the Mojo 1, choosing full output is a doddle.

I set the 2 to full volume, by clicking through as far as I could. But the volume was deafening through the speakers. Current workaround is to have the volume set so that the balls are the same colour as the Mojo 1 (light purple). This seems to equate to full volume on the 1.

Any thoughts?

Reply To Chord Mojo 2 | pink fish media

Some more colours and numbers (as above) to confuse/help.

https://forum.headphones.com/t/chord-mojo-2-review-measurements/19768/16

index.php

That's exactly how I run my Mojo.

Sounds neat. Any reason to do/not do this when using Mojo 2 straight to a single pair of headphones?

Itd work just fine; but it woudl also be rather less convenient /neat if you plug/unplug regularly.
My mojo is used as a desktop dac/ left in place.

I’m a new mojo user, bought a mojo and pair of Beyer DT770Pros (250ohm) for my commuting choons! Couple of issues:

My playback from my iPhone keeps pausing, at ‘random’ (I can’t work out why). Re-Plugging the cable often sorts it out, is this likely to be in intermittent cable issue?

I get occasional white noise (twice on my commute in) pause and play resolves it, again, cable issue?

Any thoughts, I do like it though.

Thanks.

Don't think the iPhone pausing would be down to the Mojo. I have heard of the 'wrong' cable causing white noise. Maybe the cable is causing both? I would start by investigating new cables. Is it a USB c iPhone?

It’s a 14pro, so lightning connector. I had a massively long usb cable in the drawer, and that seems to be working fine. But between than and the mile of curly headphone cable, my pocket is rather full!

Edit: played faultlessly all the way home (almost 3hrs) so was down to a dodgy cable.

Last edited:
I think the pausing issue is to do with the cable. It's the cable or an incompatibility between the Mojo and that model of iPhone. I am struggling to recall exactly what caused it when I had the same issue. I was using iPhone into an iBasso amp/DAC. It was some years ago now.

What cable(s) do you use right now to link the Mojo to the iPhone? There's some sort of checking iPhones do periodically down any cable plugged into them. It's frustrating me now that I cannot remember how I solved it.

I'm using the single USB camera cable from the phone and a very short micro USB from the phone, the short micro USB was the issue, I have swapped a 1.8m long sony branded cable in and it working perfectly now (Sony item working with apple product shocker). so shopping for another short microUSB cable now.

I'm using the single USB camera cable from the phone and a very short micro USB from the phone, the short micro USB was the issue, I have swapped a 1.8m long sony branded cable in and it working perfectly now (Sony item working with apple product shocker). so shopping for another short microUSB cable now.

IMO the short micro USB supplied with the Mojo is too short and too stiff, it was causing disconnection/interrupted connection and was solved with a 99p lead from Home Bargains which was both longer and softer.

What's the difference between the DSP options at 20Hz and 125Hz? I see that the term shelf is used with the latter, so does that mean that DSP will be applied to a broader range of frequencies around 125Hz, while the DSP options at 20Hz will be applied more closely around 20Hz? I'm just curious what the term shelf means in this context.

As an example, when you set the 125Hz shelf you are raising or loweribg everything under 125Hz. There's a good diagram in the manual, it's available online.

advertisement

Back