advertisement

Cars: Audi, BMW, Mercedes

gone back to a 5 Series Touring. It's a 540i, remarkably speedy, lovely handling, loads of gadgets, and its fuel consumption is far better than I was led to believe - 40mpg on our long steady run to the Lake District.

That sounds a lovely way to eat up the miles and take any stress out of a journey. I remember driving my 7 Series from the mountains outside Malaga to Poitiers in a day and in time for supper. Effortless.

A friend has just taken delivery of a new Kia EV6. He loves it but his wife absolutely hates the thing, so it might not stick around for too long!

Try to get a go in it before he gets rid of it and let us know what you think. I haven't seen one in the flesh yet and am in 2 minds about the design, I prefer the look of the Ioniq 5.

Yes it’s a shame that Lexus use CVT boxes. I wouldn’t even consider another brand if they offered a regular auto option. Still, as you say an IS300h is worth a look as some don’t seem to mind CVT.

There is one way around it - to buy a non-hybrid IS200t or GS 250t model but I'm not sure if they were available in the OP's year-range.

Or an F :cool:

There is one way around it - to buy a non-hybrid IS200t or GS 250t model but I'm not sure if they were available in the OP's year-range.

They hurt my eyes… Ugly on the outside, back to the 90’s on the inside. No, no, no.

Has anyone driven a GTE or C350e?

In true PFM style, it would be remiss of us to recommend something not on your list, have you considered a Hyundai i30N Fastback?

47bf5cd567377a7484dbc573c51d9d96.jpg

They're rapid, drive extremely well, reliable and a lot cheaper than the German models. The 5-year Hyundai warranty is also one of the best out there.

In true PFM style, it would be remiss of us to recommend something not on your list, have you considered a Hyundai i30N Fastback?

They're rapid, drive extremely well, reliable and a lot cheaper than the German models. The 5-year Hyundai warranty is also one of the best out there.

Check out charging facilities on your regular trips first, daughter in London found three out of order on Sunday; she's contemplating getting rid.

I really don't like the looks of that car too. Most Asian cars are just ugly as hell. I did see the new Tucson this summer (also available as PIH) and that looks good. But new so not in my budget. Sorry guys, I really don't consider cars other than Audi/BMW/MB/Volkswagen/Volvo. Either because they are too ugly, or because they are (still) too expensive (for example Tesla and Jaguar).

You indicate to pass roadworks?

No, but I do when I have to take left or right turns to avoid areas that are blocked by them or where there is traffic chaos.

While I was behind the police X5 he will have made perhaps a dozen left or right turns and maybe half a dozen lane changes with not a single indication. He also stopped in and advanced cycle stop area at traffic lights once and in a box junction once while going straight on. Was a lovely example for a traffic cop to set for the rest of us...

No, but I do when I have to take left or right turns to avoid areas that are blocked by them or where there is traffic chaos.

While I was behind the police X5 he will have made perhaps a dozen left or right turns and maybe half a dozen lane changes with not a single indication. He also stopped in and advanced cycle stop area at traffic lights once and in a box junction once while going straight on. Was a lovely example for a traffic cop to set for the rest of us...
Sounds like it could’ve been a civilian driver taking the car for some reason.

Drive is on the wrong axle. I'd have one of these instead.

toyota_gr86_76.jpg

KIA have had ex-Audi chief designer for several years now. I think he has become CEO. And you can tell.

advertisement

Back