advertisement

Car prices

ICE for us next, last one before retirement? waiting for the dealer to run some numbers, looks like more equity in the Targa than we thought.....

If you're buying new, you'll benefit from higher prices from the buoyant used car market.

The BIK was a huge part of me getting an EV, I am saving £600 a month currently. I know it will rise but not significantly for the life of this lease (max 2%) so I am good. My last ever company car will be in 2024 and again it will be driven (LOL) by BIK levels.

I need to validate but back of a fag packet maths tells me I can buy an EV and fully offset against corp tax (19%, rising to 25% in 2023). If I bought one personally, I’d need to pay the funds at a div rate of 33.75% from April 2022. I’d have to pay 2% BIK on the value of the EV from April 2022. Rough and tough, this makes an EV half price. Plus, I can sell my 2 year old Subaru for not far off what I paid for it. What am I missing?

Fag packet numbers are about right Ponty, ignoring dividend allowances etc. If you fancy a new EV then it's probably as good a time as it ever will be - if you can get one!

I’ll get the house move done first then take a serious look. It strikes me there is probably a few years of decent tax breaks before they start being reduced.

See if you can get it charged at work (grants available for install) and I think an allowance is / was possible for charging at home?
Free miles are useful.

I need to validate but back of a fag packet maths tells me I can buy an EV and fully offset against corp tax (19%, rising to 25% in 2023). If I bought one personally, I’d need to pay the funds at a div rate of 33.75% from April 2022. I’d have to pay 2% BIK on the value of the EV from April 2022. Rough and tough, this makes an EV half price. Plus, I can sell my 2 year old Subaru for not far off what I paid for it. What am I missing?

I think the only downside is you have to drive an EV :) :)

Had a Tesla M3 for just over a week now. It's a surprisingly good car to drive with that low centre of gravity and RWD propulsion. The infotainment thing is a hoot too, especially the voice controlled stuff.

Total no brainer on a company lease IMO. Probably the reason why they're absolutely everywhere nowadays. Especially if you can charge it for free.

Figures tell a story......

VOmkhSO.png

Last edited:
It does seem a no brainer. I can’t charge it for free but struggling to find the catch. TSLA to the moon!

It does seem a no brainer. I can’t charge it for free but struggling to find the catch. TSLA to the moon!
Range. Especially in cold weather.
If you find one that works for you on that - as you say NB.
Unless you miss the sound of an inline 6 or V8..

advertisement

Back