advertisement

Brexit next week: give me a positive effect it will have on my daily life

Status
Not open for further replies.
How evasive of you. The EU didn't decide to nor for Brexit.

Let me rephrase my question: In the aftermath of the Covid 19 catastrophe will England still be able to afford Brexit?
Neither side can afford a brexit which restricts trade. I don't think the EU as we know it will survive for much longer, as the frugal nations who will guarantee bonds to prop up other countries who are less well off eventually find they need to look after their own country.

Neither side can afford a brexit which restricts trade. I don't think the EU as we know it will survive for much longer, as the frugal nations who will guarantee bonds to prop up other countries who are less well off eventually find they need to look after their own country.

More wishful thinking, unity is strength. Individual countries would be eaten alive by global players. This is not the 50s.

The question is: can the Government still afford Brexit?
A last ditch attempt to cancel Brexit, the divorce is done we are now sorting out the assets. We have had a remainer parliament, a remainer speaker and a refusal to act on the referendum, all swept aside at the last election, the Labour party reduced to 199 seats and a prime minister who will be history if he cancels Brexit. If Labour gets behind the Remain bandwaggon again 199 will maybe not be their greatest defeat.

A last ditch attempt to cancel Brexit, the divorce is done we are now sorting out the assets. We have had a remainer parliament, a remainer speaker and a refusal to act on the referendum, all swept aside at the last election, the Labour party reduced to 199 seats and a prime minister who will be history if he cancels Brexit. If Labour gets behind the Remain bandwaggon again 199 will maybe not be their greatest defeat.
How can you possibly see something which we can't afford, for which there is no majority in the country, and which will split us from our European neighbours at a time when strength and unity is needed as justifiable?
Nasty, intellectual pigmy little englander mentality.

Short answer. Yes. What a country with an economy like ours chooses as affordable is a political decision.
You might not have noticed, but an unexpected bill has come in, and the money is going elsewhere.
If they try and push it through, it will have to be financed by tax hikes. I am completely honest in my current tax affairs, but I won't be enabling that.

How can you possibly see something which we can't afford, for which there is no majority in the country, and which will split us from our European neighbours at a time when strength and unity is needed as justifiable?
Read this from the remainer paper of choice, the corona virus bonds dispute is just the continuation of the Greek tragedy where we are all in it together unless a country hits hard times.
https://www.theguardian.com/busines...as-brought-the-eus-failings-into-sharp-relief

Read this from the remainer paper of choice, the corona virus bonds dispute is just the continuation of the Greek tragedy where we are all in it together unless a country hits hard times.
https://www.theguardian.com/busines...as-brought-the-eus-failings-into-sharp-relief

Once again deflection to the EU away from the huge problems we face and without the terms of trade and economies of scale we enjoyed previously. The EU has got plenty to do, plenty to change and we will not be there or have any influence which helps nobody.

So you see unity as desirable? Good.
I do see unity of the UK as desirable where our elected politicians have some control over spending. Do you read that article and see unity? The frugal countries may rally around with this first round of corona bonds but then, without social reform which looks unlikely, what happens with the next round of corona bonds?

The question is: can the Government still afford Brexit?
Yes.

I can’t get excited about brexit, it’s happening. Coronavirus is the major concern now.

There'll always be outriders on both sides of any ideological argument who use whatever arguments are to hand. It's just a shame that our actual PM has built a whole career on lies.
It is nothing to do with outriders.

Over the coming months, the typical hard-remainer will demonstrate their disrespect for democracy to an even greater degree than they have in the last 4 years. Some will never stop. Even during this time of a deadly pandemic, people are making stuff up to whinge about regarding brexit.

You need to drop the nonsense there is no majority for brexit. 52/48, remember. While you continue to fart out that particular lie, any legitimate complaint you have is not to be taken seriously.

I’m sure if it was 52/48 in favour of remain you would claim there was a majority for remain.

I do see unity of the UK as desirable where our elected politicians have some control over spending. Do you read that article and see unity? The frugal countries may rally around with this first round of corona bonds but then, without social reform which looks unlikely, what happens with the next round of corona bonds?
What happens with ours?
Will we have brexit bonds?

You might not have noticed, but an unexpected bill has come in, and the money is going elsewhere.
If they try and push it through, it will have to be financed by tax hikes. I am completely honest in my current tax affairs, but I won't be enabling that.

ISTR that after the 2008 financial crash that the idea that there was no money was scoffed at by those critical of the coalition (and latterly Tory) austerity programme; many here made the point it was a political choice. This is no different. The UK can afford both but how it chooses to finance them (taxes, borrowing, hey! even increased productivity and / or GDP, who knows...) is going to be the issue.

How you personally choose to deal with any possible tax hikes is for you and HMRC to sort out. :D

Once again deflection to the EU away from the huge problems we face and without the terms of trade and economies of scale we enjoyed previously. The EU has got plenty to do, plenty to change and we will not be there or have any influence which helps nobody.
Do you recall any changes in the EU which reflect the fact that several of the 5 net contributor nations are not doing so well as their industry moves to Eastern Europe and China.

ISTR that after the 2008 financial crash that the idea that there was no money was scoffed at by those critical of the coalition (and latterly Tory) austerity programme; many here made the point it was a political choice. This is no different.
Yes it is...It's bigger than that crash, and what's more, we have already committed to a stupid and stupidly large brexit bill. Before whatever Corona costs comes in. So we're going into this as the one legged man at the arse kicking party.

Do you recall any changes in the EU which reflect the fact that several of the 5 net contributor nations are not doing so well as their industry moves to Eastern Europe and China.

I'm concerned with the UK, you are obsessed with trying to find succour in problems elsewhere to justify your hubris.

Over the coming months, the typical hard-remainer will demonstrate their disrespect for democracy to an even greater degree than they have in the last 4 years. Some will never stop. Even during this time of a deadly pandemic, people are making stuff up to whinge about regarding brexit.

You need to drop the nonsense there is no majority for brexit. 52/48, remember. While you continue to fart out that particular lie, any legitimate complaint you have is not to be taken seriously.

I’m sure if it was 52/48 in favour of remain you would claim there was a majority for remain.
A vote of 52/48 and it is winner takes all. You have the nerve to call that democracy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back