1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Brexit next week: give me a positive effect it will have on my daily life

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Colonel_Mad, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Colonel_Mad

Colonel_Mad pfm Member

So Brexit next week everyone. I was against it all the way but accept it is now going to happen.

I'm looking for positive effects it will have on my day to day life. There must be some good ones that can cheer me up. I'm looking for concrete benefits that will make my life better/easier.

2. Barrymagrec

Barrymagrec pfm Member

None.

domfjbrown likes this.
  3. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

Dear Colonel_Mad,

There aren't any.

Yours sincerely,

MikeMA

4. Minio

Minio pfm Member

No more straight Bananas.

Cheese likes this.
  5. AudioAl

AudioAl pfm Member

Why are you looking for better ? Does this imply being in the EU was inferior ?

6. Colonel_Mad

Colonel_Mad pfm Member

Come come. There must be. People are planning to go out celebrating. I even saw an advert for a street party in Duckinfield, one of the poorest areas of Manchester. There must be some tangible benefit for the man in the street that I've missed.

7. Colonel_Mad

Colonel_Mad pfm Member

No. But changes that half the people in the country are planning to celebrate must have some positives for us all on a day to day basis too?

The ways life will be worse are clear, but there must be changes that will make a refreshing positive change too. I just haven't heard of any yet in 4 years of passionate debate.

8. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Hopefully this will be the last Tory government for a very long time as they now own Brexit outright and there is no economic or social upside to it. Yay! A positive!

9. Nero

Nero BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK

I will be free to keep all my offshore accounts out of the grubby hands of those EU inquisitors. Result!

Alex S likes this.
  10. AudioAl

AudioAl pfm Member

Vote labour then , They are already saying

" If we win next time we will go back in the EU " :eek:

11. bor

bor queue jumper

U can haz blue passport?

12. Taff63

Taff63 pfm Member

Nada unless you are a total masochist in which case you've years of pain to look forward to...……….

13. Graham B

Graham B pfm Member

I can only say something similar to Tony’s post above. Everyone wanting to getbrexitdun or whinging about remoaners and snowflakes will hopefully pipe down with the soundbites.

They will have got their beloved brexit (well, not remotely in full, but that’s another issue) and they will have to live with the consequences.

Of course, it won’t be long before the penny drops, and they’ll be back to blaming the EU, the remoaners and the snowflakes.

Garrard 401 and sean99 like this.
  14. Alex S

Alex S carbon based lifeform

You’ll get a break from chlorine washing your chicken.

15. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

We'll have taken back control.

Apart, of course. from the US telling us which 5G provider to use, telling us how (not) to tax foreign countries operating in the UK, and threatening tariffs on UK car exports.

16. Minio

Minio pfm Member

My tax bill will be relieved from the weight of bankrolling hundreds of MEPs and euro crats and their fancy (empty) offices.

Perhaps.

17. slavedata

slavedata pfm Member

Mark Francois can go back to opening school fetes.

18. eternumviti

eternumviti Bloviating Brexiter

Perhaps people won't be obsessing about brexit all the time. They'll have other things to worry about. Floods, plague, swarms of locusts, destitution, starvation. Frogs, the one's that croak, obvs. Various other gloomy, apocalyptic men on horses. The sky falling in. The odd fleeting glimpse through the mist and fog of Jacob-Rees Mogg, Boris J, Steve Baker and Nigel Farage in black Range Rovers towing enormous trailers full of banknotes, with outriders in black uniforms on Zundapp motorcycles with machine guns on the sidecars. Other stuff like that.

Garrard 401, Cheese and Minio like this.
  19. Jamie

Jamie pfm Member

Uplift in business for the makers of black armbands?

20. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

Always provided there's a buffet of course - and he's allowed to wear military uniform.

TheDecameron, sean99 and Alex S like this.