advertisement

Brexit next week: give me a positive effect it will have on my daily life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colonel_Mad

pfm Member
So Brexit next week everyone. I was against it all the way but accept it is now going to happen.

I'm looking for positive effects it will have on my day to day life. There must be some good ones that can cheer me up. I'm looking for concrete benefits that will make my life better/easier.

Come come. There must be. People are planning to go out celebrating. I even saw an advert for a street party in Duckinfield, one of the poorest areas of Manchester. There must be some tangible benefit for the man in the street that I've missed.

Why are you looking for better ? Does this imply being in the EU was inferior ?

No. But changes that half the people in the country are planning to celebrate must have some positives for us all on a day to day basis too?

The ways life will be worse are clear, but there must be changes that will make a refreshing positive change too. I just haven't heard of any yet in 4 years of passionate debate.

I will be free to keep all my offshore accounts out of the grubby hands of those EU inquisitors. Result!

Nada unless you are a total masochist in which case you've years of pain to look forward to...……….

I can only say something similar to Tony’s post above. Everyone wanting to getbrexitdun or whinging about remoaners and snowflakes will hopefully pipe down with the soundbites.

They will have got their beloved brexit (well, not remotely in full, but that’s another issue) and they will have to live with the consequences.

Of course, it won’t be long before the penny drops, and they’ll be back to blaming the EU, the remoaners and the snowflakes.

We'll have taken back control.

Apart, of course. from the US telling us which 5G provider to use, telling us how (not) to tax foreign countries operating in the UK, and threatening tariffs on UK car exports.

My tax bill will be relieved from the weight of bankrolling hundreds of MEPs and euro crats and their fancy (empty) offices.

Perhaps.

Perhaps people won't be obsessing about brexit all the time. They'll have other things to worry about. Floods, plague, swarms of locusts, destitution, starvation. Frogs, the one's that croak, obvs. Various other gloomy, apocalyptic men on horses. The sky falling in. The odd fleeting glimpse through the mist and fog of Jacob-Rees Mogg, Boris J, Steve Baker and Nigel Farage in black Range Rovers towing enormous trailers full of banknotes, with outriders in black uniforms on Zundapp motorcycles with machine guns on the sidecars. Other stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back