advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things are changing, the weekly red bus payments have diverted to Sunderland, Blyth, Teesside and Birmingham. Small steps in the right direction.

Utter nonsense. UK jobs and inward investment going elsewhere. Far more than the red bus payments are now being spent on the damage, additional process, admin and internal subsidies. Your zero sum accountancy is typically ignoring the additional expense and hassle. COVID will provide some cover, for now.

I don't want to see anyone lose their job or business. Just as I didn't want to lose my job as the result of financial scandals 20 years ago.
I appreciate the concern on this thread but when sh*t happens people move on no matter the cause.
But if you're enjoying Carry on Up the Brexit don't let me spoil the fun.
'no matter the cause' skirts round the issue somewhat wouldn't you say?

I'm struggling to keep up with the number of ways you spend the same bus loads of cash.
roman,

Yes, we’ve seen the same picture of the same bus millions of times but there isn’t just 1 bus, it is like a different bus every week with different loads of cash.

roman,

Yes, we’ve seen the same picture of the same bus millions of times but there isn’t just 1 bus, it is like a different bus every week with different loads of cash.
Brian,
I get that, but Colin misses a rather crucial element that goes something like this:

A market trader pays £50 for his pitch every week. He makes £100 weekly but decides to pack it all in to save the £50. He gives his newfound £50 a week fortune to his distant Geordie relative.

That's brexit.

Brian,
I get that, but Colin misses a rather crucial element that goes something like this:

A market trader pays £50 for his pitch every week. He makes £100 weekly but decides to pack it all in to save the £50. He gives his newfound £50 a week fortune to his distant Geordie relative.

That's brexit.
I get that. But it’s happened and now we move on and do the best deals we can.

PS I don’t expect the tories to spend much outside the SE and their mates for very long.

Brian,

That's brexit.
Are we going to charge the EU for their pitch in the UK? Neither side can afford not to trade.

Are we going to charge the EU for their pitch in the UK? Neither side can afford not to trade.
Pitch in a market with unrestricted access to 28 countries, many of them already wealthy, most of the rest well on the way to becoming so. RENT £50.00
Pitch in a market with restricted access to 3.5 countries, one of which was wealthy but is now ruled by a despotic government intent on bankruptcy, and the remaining discontented 2.5 countries also being similarly bankrupted and asset-stripped, so poorer than they should be and heading downhill. RENT £0 or, in view of recent performance, perhaps we need to offer incentives.

They’ll continue to trade, but at a lower level.

Around 45% of UK exports are to the EU. In the opposite direction about 15% of EU exports are to the UK. Even a simpleton can work out who’s got more to lose.
Nobody said we don’t have more to lose.

That we have more to lose does not mean the EU can afford to lose this 15%, or do you think they may choose to do so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back