advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... X

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just listening to this programme on the World Service about Qanon.

It soon it became clear to me that if your replace 'Qanon' with 'Brexit', the Republican Party with the Conservative party, 'Qanon supporters' with 'leave voters' and the 'deep state' with 'EU', you could pretty much transmit it as it is.

I'd love to see some data on lockdown sceptics vs. referendum voting.

In Parliament, at least, that looks to be a 1:1 correlation to Brexiteers.

Stephen

Don't forget to replace 'Donald Trump' with 'Britain Trump'.

https://twitter.com/nicktolhurst/status/1359053233302499328

oh and some stuff about the navy potentially interfering with French fishermen!
Hang on a minute, Boris’s oven ready deal- he bought the wrong thing in his haste to get to the check outs? This is why inward investment is going to go elsewhere- the buggers on the Tory benches will just keep coming back, even if their leader didn’t have the balls to get their clean break Brexit for them- a slow painful death awaits now rather than a sudden one.

The boss of JD Sports isn’t too happy with the Brexit setup. Says he is going to open up a warehouse in Europe to help with shipping goods but that’s only creating jobs in Europe not the UK. I’m sure there is a bit of teething problems but if so it’s going to take a long time to get better.

The boss of JD Sports isn’t too happy with the Brexit setup. Says he is going to open up a warehouse in Europe to help with shipping goods but that’s only creating jobs in Europe not the UK. I’m sure there is a bit of teething problems but if so it’s going to take a long time to get better.
It took us forty odd years to lose our independence and it will take a while to get away from EU Titanic.

OMG Brexit is a disaster darling!

Well people don't like change do they? Watch the drama queens roll out.

They'll go back to their comfy boohoudoirs once it's all sorted.
Don't panic Mr Mainwaring.

^ +1 to that; and added hilarity for some of the proponents of Brexit not foreseeing that their business might suffer form simple things like, you know, effectively-demanding actual Border & Customs interference in their trade with the UK's biggest export market - the EU.

But then - none of similar have yet contributed a single good suggestion of the kind of a 'positive effect' this thread is supposed to be about, either...

I don't want to see anyone lose their job or business. Just as I didn't want to lose my job as the result of financial scandals 20 years ago.
I appreciate the concern on this thread but when sh*t happens people move on no matter the cause.
But if you're enjoying Carry on Up the Brexit don't let me spoil the fun.

Moronic.

Things change and businesses adapt. Sure, we all get that.

The difference is this is an entirely self-inflicted wound that only has a downside for the economy as a whole.

Like I say, moronic.

It's crazy. It's hideous. It's stupid. But that's the age we're in.

The EU Titanic is beyond saving, the world has moved on and so has industry,jobs and the money to provide subsidy. Bailing out countries without reform only delays the inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back