advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, Brid ! Lot's of childhood memories there. We were there for a few days in September, and the harbour seemed busy. If I understood the article correctly, Brid's the largest shellfish port in Europe; I never would have guessed that. Hard times.

Perhaps you could cheer this business up with one of your motivational platitudes. They don't look like they are feeling the love.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ter-baron-shellfish-brexit-costs-forced-close

Clearly they are not 'enterprising' and therefore deserve their fate. A Mr. Baron, as we live and breathe, but he seems to understand numbers so no relation.
Considering he blames the UK gov and the EU and wishes the UK had never joined the EU in the first place, I am not sure your link supports much.

I have no interest in motivating anybody. Been far too busy today boxing up a shed load of parcels bound for the UK.

The stupid smirk on his face in that newspaper article appears to be a permanent feature. I wonder when he is asleep is the facial expression the same?

I doubt he smirks in bed he is married to Sarah Vine, Munch's scream maybe, perhaps he smirks all the time during the day as he is not sharing a bed with her.

Considering he blames the UK gov and the EU and wishes the UK had never joined the EU in the first place.
I'm not sure he does. He voted remain, and the UK's membership of the EU did until this year provide him with the means of earning what I imagine was a good living for a great many years. This has now stopped. I know what I would be wishing for if leaving the EU had closed down my business.

When the Tories destroy people’s livelihoods, the excuse usually is that their industry is unviable.

This time they’re destroying people’s viable businesses on purpose.

Stephen

I doubt he smirks in bed he is married to Sarah Vine, Munch's scream maybe, perhaps he smirks all the time during the day as he is not sharing a bed with her.
It looks like a mother and child relationship. Lady McGove is excellent at making herself the story, to leverage her brand of course £££.

Last edited:
Trade deals with 63 countries out of 70 now done to continue trading as before.

Source: BBC

Before Brexit, the UK was automatically part of any trade deal the EU had negotiated with another country. The EU had about 40 trade deals covering more than 70 countries at the time the UK left.

The UK has made deals to continue trading in the same way with 63 of these countries.

It looks like a mother and child relationship. Lady McGove is excellent at making herself the story, to leverage her brand of course £££.

I would imagine they will have had a word with BBC contacts to nip into the costume store to borrow some Colditz uniforms for a spot of roleplay

It’s another punishment beating. First they took the proverbial lorry driver’s ham sandwich now they’ve come for our custard creams. I’m feeling a public petition in the relevant newspapers. Off with their heads, Britons never never never shall be slaves
Have you had your Brexit jab yet Hugh or are you waiting in solidarity with our tanker EU friends?

I suppose the usual suspects will be on here cheering the failure of the Forrin small businesses
This is one area that has not featured much in the news. The fish for example that is usually sent over the channel and is being held up or ruined is only part of the supply chain and at the very least it must have pushed up the price of fish due to reduced competition.

It’s another punishment beating. First they took the proverbial lorry driver’s ham sandwich now they’ve come for our custard creams. I’m feeling a public petition coming on in the relevant newspapers. Off with their heads, Britons never never never shall be slaves
It bloody well is a punishment beating if the poor bastards are having to live on Hill's Biscuits Custard Creams. A cheaper, nastier biscuit I cannot imagine. The famine relief biscuits that Fox's used to knock out and give to humanitarian organisations so people who were on the brink of starvation would get enough to put them on to the next meal are better.

I was just listening to this programme on the World Service about Qanon.

It soon it became clear to me that if your replace 'Qanon' with 'Brexit', the Republican Party with the Conservative party, 'Qanon supporters' with 'leave voters' and the 'deep state' with 'EU', you could pretty much transmit it as it is.

I'd love to see some data on lockdown sceptics vs. referendum voting.

In Parliament, at least, that looks to be a 1:1 correlation to Brexiteers.

Stephen

I suppose the usual suspects will be on here cheering the failure of the Forrin small businesses

You have to be joking.

It's a tragedy if any business fails because of the actions of the Government and any leave voter should hang their head in shame at the thoughtlessness of their actions in voting to leave the EU and/or the Brexit Government.

That's the differece. I wanted to be wrong. Leave voters won't admit they were.

If I'd have been wrong, nothing would have changed.

This is the result of leave voters being wrong. They were warned it would happen. They dismissed it out of hand.

Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back