advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all this brave talk from both sides the piggy banks are empty and a virus that may take years before it disappears is raging.

If it was about piggy banks, we wouldn't be here. We will easily have wasted more money by 2021 on this nonsense than we have ever contributed to the EU. All to reduce our GDP and give a warm feeling to some nutter nationalists and prevent the Tory party splitting.

Four and a half years to sort out what Brexit was supposed to be and still chaos. It’s the same with Covid- Johnson is driving the same chaos and division, looking to pass the buck to other political leaders. When is the trap door going to open under him? Too late for us I’m afraid.

I don’t have any sympathy for hard remainers who helped the tories win the election on some spurious grounds of not backing Labour where they could win a seat, or not tactically voting to prevent a tory seat. There was a chance of a second referendum and it was spurned.

How do you know that Labour lost because of the Remainers that did not back them (nor the Torys)?

How do you know if Labour didn't lose beacuse of the Leavers who backed the "gerrit dun" Tory slogan?

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...id-growth-concerns?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other.

Here's a positive effect. We get to have Moody's (what a great name for a ratings agency!) stick two fingers up at us.

It makes all that Covid borrowing in the future just a bit more tricky. How much more austerity can this country take before things really do fall apart?

Party of fiscal prudence. What a joke.

Brexit is really a madness that trumps everything. No price appears to be too much to pay for Brexit purity.

Stephen

How do you know that Labour lost because of the Remainers that did not back them (nor the Torys)?

How do you know if Labour didn't lose beacuse of the Leavers who backed the "gerrit dun" Tory slogan?

The latter case exemplified by newly Tory-ennobled Gisela Stuart on Any questions. Her reward for stabbing her party and The majority of Labour voters in the back.

An ex Labour MP who encouraged Labour voters to vote Tory to ‘get Brexit done’.

Labour leavers are still supporting the the Tories on Brexit-even those who didn’t vote Conservative at the last election.

Stephen

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...id-growth-concerns?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other.

Here's a positive effect. We get to have Moody's (what a great name for a ratings agency!) stick two fingers up at us.

It makes all that Covid borrowing in the future just a bit more tricky. How much more austerity can this country take before things really do fall apart?

In January Bloomberg estimated the cost of BrExit to date at £130 billion and up to £200 billion by the end of 2020.

Last month the National Audit Office estimated the cost of Covid-19 at £210 billion.

The future looks bleak...

At least it will only be UK debt that will be our responsibility.

Daft comment, that's all we have ever been responsible for. There will be much more of it than would have been the case without the additional Brexit spending (which involved huge one offs and an eye-watering continual spend - for no return) and subsequent loss of GDP.

Hence more downgradings to follow, we are a larger credit risk and less trusted than before this shit show. Well done you and yours.

In January Bloomberg estimated the cost of BrExit to date at £130 billion and up to £200 billion by the end of 2020.

Last month the National Audit Office estimated the cost of Covid-19 at £210 billion.

The future looks bleak...

At least the UK is only responsible for its own debt.;) Unchained and with the right free trade deals the UK will fly to the moon on hot air.

Daft comment, that's all we have ever been responsible for. There will be much more of it than would have been the case without the additional Brexit spending (which involved huge one offs and an eye-watering continual spend - for no return) and subsequent loss of GDP.

Hence more downgradings to follow, we are a larger credit risk and less trusted than before this shit show. Well done you and yours.

And poorer.

And divided.

And angry.

An ex Labour MP who encouraged Labour voters to vote Tory to ‘get Brexit done’.
Labour leavers are still supporting the the Tories on Brexit-even those who didn’t vote Conservative at the last election.Stephen

That's the conundrum after all those years of having PM's doing what they want now you have the perfect PM doing what the people want. Unfortunately the results in elections have borne that out. Your fellow country men and women want this.

At least it will only be UK debt that will be our responsibility.
Yes, brilliant! Now that we have burned down the hospital I only need to pay for treatment for MY broken leg here at the roadside, I don't have to pay for all those scroungers and coffin dodgers any more.

That's the conundrum after all those years of having PM's doing what they want now you have the perfect PM doing what the people want. Unfortunately the results in elections have borne that out. Your fellow country men and women want this.
Unfortunately I think they do. They voted to get f*ed. Well, that's what they voted for. It's coming. Very soon. Brace yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back