advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn’t that why we invented smile face emojis?

I don’t usually get worked up over anti-American posts when the subject is the government, the military, violence, racism, and so on. The criticism is almost always well deserved. But I draw the line when it comes to ordinary people. Most of the seriously obese are poor, segregated and undereducated. Most of the “dumb” are merely ignorant. They are poorly served by their local schools and government. I just do not think it is right to make fun of people who do not have access to good food, are living check to check, and especially during these extremely challenging times.

I also don’t think it is good form slipping in anti-American wisecracks in to an infinitely long Brexit thread. If anyone wants to take shots at American obesity and dumbness, then I say have the balls to start a thread about it.

Unfortunatelly poor nourishment, obesity and dumbness are sometimes faces of the same coin and a symptom of poverty.
I meant it in that sense, that the UK is taking steps towards poverty.

People in general are responsible for the leaders they put in office, but minorities suffer for the bad decisions of others.

Last edited:
Just been talking to my next door neighbour who happens to be a farmer. He was giving both barrels about going out of business due to Brexit. All I did was point out that ne not only voted for this but had all the banners out too
For some reason on he went very quiet.

One would have expected him to have replied something like "Ah but we won in 2016 and we are finally a free nation now".

hjMpaJL.jpg

I had the freedom speech when he had all the vote tory signs up and I suggested that he was a turkey voting for Christmas. It seems I was right, as he is heavily invested in lamb production, he is completely stuffed.
The bloke taking over breds and trains racehorses, so not really euro dependent as its all Far Eastern based.

I’m actually starting to believe the EU is attempting to ensure the UK fails as an example to other countries where people want to leave their project.
Ahhh! Didn't see that coming when you voted leave, did you?
Or did you? Either way exhibits the intellectual agility of ...oh never mind.
Where's Barren Colin when you need him?

Why does BoJo always look like he is smirking ?

Mainly because he's always smirking.

That does sound like the EU doesn’t want to negotiate....

...I’m actually starting to believe the EU is attempting to ensure the UK fails as an example to other countries where people want to leave their project.

No shit Sherlock!

The EU looking after the EU, no shit. Yes benefits of being part of a larger whole.

They see the same charlatans as you do and yet you expect them to treat them differently? Glad you think that’s amusing, it just looks inconsistent. It’s not a negotiation in the sense you persist with either, that’s a brexiter line. It’s a unilateral choice by one party who hope to limit the rather obvious consequences. Leaving the EU has a documented process which the UK was very involved in drafting. We now wish to limit the extent of that because it no longer suits us.

What part of the 'documented process' do we want to limit?

The EU thoroughly elaborated the documented process in order to ensure that the UK's back was kept against the wall while Barnier's clock ran down.

The EU completely outclassed the May negotiating strategy. Either that, or she was in cahoots with them. Her chief negotiator certainly was.

It just staggers me that people believe the EU will give us the same advantages as non-members that we enjoyed as members. My Mum used to tell me I couldn’t have the hapenny and the gingerbread, and this seems to be the world many live in. We are not going to be better off out than in because we won’t be able to enjoy the same privileges. It is always going to be a shitty end of the stick we receive. The question is just how brown are our fingers going to end up. However Brian, keep on protesting it’s the remainers fault. Of course it is, we didn’t want to leave and lose our privileges.

Of course, a competent Government should be assessing the impact of its policies on the economy.

But, as we don’t have one of those this will have to do.

Brexit: the Digby Jones Jobs Lost Index is launched

Stephen

Brexiters want more for less.

- no freedom of movement
- no contributions
- no ECJ jurisdiction

A liberal immigration regime that is controlled by the UK rather than by Brussels according the requirements and capacity of the UK economy together with other specific factors (free movement is a red herring). Pay in to specific areas according to the requirements of the UK economy, research etc. Regulatory oversight by independent or bilateral arbitration.

I really have less than no idea what wealth has to do with this. What about considering where that wealth came from. Why not take a look at the shadow cabinet too?

Anyone who suggests that anyone with a few bob will be unaffected by the mess that is highly likely to be Brexit, is in fantasy land. Fair enough, if anyone has a financial cushion, that cushion will just shrink, but it will still be there in all probability. BUT it is what was amply well explained before the poll, and for which the majority of voters, voted.

Rabid reds and fanatical brexiteers and remainers just DO NOT engage brain OR logic, as is far more than amply illustrated here.

JRM go look up his wealth and his financial interests and check out Rishi Sunak just for starters. What wealth has to do with this is very simple. Big driver from the right wing of the Tory party was the EU's efforts to close off tax havens. These people are not just insulated from what will happen if Brexit is a disaster they are doing what these rich people have done for centuries ensuring they pay no tax in the future. My point is also they can play Russian roulette or Eton monopoly games because if they mess up it doesn't impact them.

You are entitled to your view that nobody is engaging their brains or logic but just putting it out there without setting out the reasons why is a cop out. Two lines are easy to type but a lot of the reasoned logic I have read on this thread has a fair amount of logic and factually information behind it.

Why does BoJo always look like he is smirking ?

I think because he is winging it. He looks and sounds ridiculous but as I mentioned much earlier in the year the popcorn is now opened and I intend to enjoy the shxt that emanates from BJ et all over the next couple of months.
Dumb blonde was invented for this guy.

As always I hope he fails miserably and UK life as it has been over the last 30-40yrs continues as normal, covid permitting.

JRM go look up his wealth and his financial interests and check out Rishi Sunak just for starters. What wealth has to do with this is very simple. Big driver from the right wing of the Tory party was the EU's efforts to close off tax havens. These people are not just insulated from what will happen if Brexit is a disaster they are doing what these rich people have done for centuries ensuring they pay no tax in the future. My point is also they can play Russian roulette or Eton monopoly games because if they mess up it doesn't impact them.

You are entitled to your view that nobody is engaging their brains or logic but just putting it out there without setting out the reasons why is a cop out. Two lines are easy to type but a lot of the reasoned logic I have read on this thread has a fair amount of logic and factually information behind it.

People are MORE than obsessed with what other people are worth/have/are doing, and all that sh**. FOOKING GROW UP.

Fooking good luck to the entire rest of the world - I hope that they and you accumulate gazillions. The only thing that REALLY matters to me is how I am doing. I REALLY could not be less than not bothered by how others are doing.

Jealousy and envy really are the total pits.

That does sound like the EU doesn’t want to negotiate..

Do you blame them?, at some point anyone would get exasperated by dealing with an entitled, spoilt and lying child.

You’ve made clear yourself the EU will only do what benefits the EU and doesn’t need to ( even shouldn’t ) compromise..

God almighty, are you still surprised at this? What were you expecting?

I’m actually starting to believe the EU is attempting to ensure the UK fails as an example to other countries where people want to leave their project.

The U.K. hardly needs help in failing, it manages quite nicely on its own.

People are MORE than obsessed with what other people are worth/have/are doing, and all that sh**. FOOKING GROW UP.

Fooking good luck to the entire rest of the world - I hope that they and you accumulate gazillions. The only thing that REALLY matters to me is how I am doing. I REALLY could not be less than not bothered by how others are doing.

Jealousy and envy really are the total pits.

Kool head. How you can construe that I or others begrudge people who have money from my posts beats me.
Good luck but I think your post doesn't do you any favours. Sorry I don't see the need to stoop to your level so probably best you take out your anger and issues with somebody else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back