advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really are desperate aren’t you? I could see you as a Trump voter, you get alternative facts.

Which is an alternative fact, the trump Wall or the EU one.

Don't dodge it, clear answer please.

Steady on EV you might trip yourself up with righteous indignation and moral superiority. Very impressive though nonetheless. Winky smiley face.

That's what you were doing, not me. And well you know it.

You let yourself down with this kind of transparent, utterly facile playground bullshit. Grow up, fss.

We are starting to move well away now from your Brexit wonderland. Can you remind me again of all the benefits that you listed but seem to have forgotten?

What I said, time and again, was that any benefits would entirely depend on the policies of successive post-Brexit governments. We're just 1 week in.

Are you sure it’s just wine you are selling?, you know they say don’t get high on your own supply because it looks like you are comfortably above Everest with that comment.

Interrogate yourself, Russell. Force the boundaries a little, if you can.

On January 20th when Biden enters the Oval Office, eyes will be swivelling at The Telegraph, The Spectator. Farage, Tice, Johnson peering at their screens. What about the Churchill bust? Is he for us or against us?

Steady on EV you might trip yourself up with righteous indignation and moral superiority. Very impressive though nonetheless. Winky smiley face.

We are starting to move well away now from your Brexit wonderland. Can you remind me again of all the benefits that you listed but seem to have forgotten?
Chill and enjoy the benefits of being part of the EU which has the ROIs best interest at heart.

People keep leaving tasty little morsels for my delectation that have already read, usually some hours or even days before.

Something to do with leave.eu and their name/web address. Do I give a ff, ff? Is this something of any consequence to any of us? Who is 'leave.eu'? Is it campaigning for the UK to leave the EU, by any chance?

I've got news for you...

Last edited:
It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to
Cry if I want to
Cry if I want to
You would cry too, if it happened to you...

I guess no positives other than leaving then.

Third Covid vaccine set for UK approval next week but arrival delayed by Brexit
Moderna jab won’t be available in Britain until April but fourth vaccine may soon come online
https://www.theguardian.com/society...ccine-expected-to-be-approved-in-uk-next-week

200.gif

Oh, please tuga.

By January 1st Germany had inoculated 188,000 people, Italy 79,000, Denmark 45,000, France 353. Yes, you read that right. The Netherlands only started this morning, exactly 1 month after the UK.

Why? Largely due to standard EU box-ticking and foot-dragging.

By Jan 1st the UK had administered more than 1 million doses. It is scheduled to be administering 530,000 of the new Astro-Oxford vaccine this week.

If there is only one thing the UK is getting reasonably right about this entire ghastliness, it is the inoculation roll out. Pick another target ffs, there's plenty of them out there I'm sure, generously scattered throughout the Guardian and the Independent every morning.

Last edited:
Oh, please tuga.

By January 1st Germany had inoculated 188,000 people, Italy 79,000, Denmark 45,000, France 353. Yes, you read that right. The Netherlands only started this morning, exactly 1 month after the UK.

Why? Largely due to standard EU box-ticking and foot-dragging.

By Jan 1st the UK had administered more than 1 million doses. It is scheduled to be administering 530,000 of the new Astro-Oxford vaccine this week.

If there is only one the the UK is getting reasonably right about this entire ghastliness, it is the inoculation roll out. Pick another target ffs, there's plenty of them out there I'm sure, generously scattered throughout the Guardian and the Independent every morning.

World-beating vaccine approval then. But not 'cause of Brexit...

WHAT WAS CLAIMED
The UK was able to approve the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine more quickly because of Brexit.

OUR VERDICT
This is not correct. Under European law, the UK was permitted to act independently to approve the vaccine in an emergency.

The head of the MHRA, Dr June Raine, has been clear that the vaccine was approved under EU law. Asked directly whether Brexit made the process quicker, she said: “We have been able to authorise the supply of the vaccine using provisions under European law which exist until 1 January.”

https://fullfact.org/health/coronavirus-vaccine-brexit/

Oh, dear. You think I'm not aware of all of that.

I never, at any point, mentioned Brexit. I merely said the the corona vaccine was not a good target as one of your gleeful little geronimo cut and paste links, given that the UK has rolled it out far more quickly than the EU member countries.

Those countries could of course have authorised their roll-outs independently, but they those instead to delegate the task to nanny, despite the fact that nanny operates at glacial haste, and with corresponding flexibility.

What's the point of bickering over vaccines!

We are part of the fortunate set, when it comes to vaccine and covid.

My sister reported back on the Aussie vaccine. The message was short - it was a complete failure. Vaccine production and distribution, it's bigger than Brexit.

Ok do you mean by that there was compelling reasons for people to vote remain and that you believe that also but it was just because the remain side played a bad game that the lying side won? Are you a closet remain supporter?

Chill and enjoy the benefits of being part of the EU which has the ROIs best interest at heart.

You never answered my query Colin. Do I take it you are a closet remain supporter so?

All cool here. Your chill comment I think needs to be aimed at EV he is going full monty these days. I think it might be buyers remorse. Best to let him blow the steam off and concentrate on the positives.

MEGA! is the point here.

Saving lives is the point, Tuga, and getting the bloody economy going again. That is something that, at the current rate, the UK is going to be doing faster than the rEU. Should we not fall over (ever possible), the jab prove not to work, or there be some production hitch, the FX analysts are predicting a recovery in the £/Euro - the topic of a long exchange here yesterday - to be well underway by April.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back