advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren’t you ignoring all the lies about benefits that have failed miserably to come to pass?
Yes, but surely politicians are used to dealing with the lies that come from each other? It was up the Remain team to set the campaign agenda.

They got dragged into this stupid rant about a bus slogan, which in the greater scheme of things, missed the bigger picture.

It was a dire campaign on all fronts, really.

Brexit occurred because of a p1$$poor Remain campaign, let's face it.

I thought Remain held all the cards, but they blew it.

It was answered above. Spouting blatant lies was the trump card for the leave side. There was no public demand to leave it was created by UKIP and the Tories. You are a bit late to this thread. Maybe go back and read all the lies. I repeat it has played out similarly to Trumps rise to power. Founded on bullshxt and believed by too many fools.

It was answered above. Spouting blatant lies was the trump card for the leave side. There was no public demand to leave it was created by UKIP and the Tories. You are a bit late to this thread. Maybe go back and read all the lies. I repeat it has played out similarly to Trumps rise to power. Founded on bullshxt and believed by too many fools.
The remain campaign was a shambles. With good coordinated leadership it would have easily won.

The remain campaign was a shambles. With good coordinated leadership it would have easily won.

Absolute rubbish. Fanciful claims for Brexit required proving negatives, not hard now we have got there - stay tuned, but not so easy when people are allowed to dismiss those concerns as Project Fear. Blind and baseless optimism proved popular shock. People don't get to blame folk trying to alert them to the lies for their gullible ignorance. No amount of proof convinces those who wish to believe fantasy.

Ok do you mean by that there was compelling reasons for people to vote remain and that you believe that also but it was just because the remain side played a bad game that the lying side won? Are you a closet remain supporter?

YWgim6e.jpg

Wrong. The remain campaign would have won if it wasn’t for the tirade of lies that were fed to us by some politicians and elements of the press, along with the gullibility of some areas of the public.

A potentially relevant question is where does to culpability lie.
If I buy a product and it’s not fit for purpose, I get to return it and the seller takes the hit.
How come we don’t have some recourse to our politicians who’ve screwed us over, cost the country a huge amount of money, just so they can repeal laws that are there to safeguard the working population, but allow money profits for those behind the leave campaign.

For the last 4 years, sterling has been 15-20% below where it was before the referendum

the IMF put the over-valuation slightly higher, saying that sterling was overvalued by between 5% and 20% in 2015. Other experts, like the former governor of the Bank of England and the IMF, have agreed that sterling was overvalued.

I tend to trust the IMF and Bank of England over internet experts as to the reason why.

Brexit occurred because of the same type of carry on that we see in the states.

People love to deride Trumps wall building, but what is the difference between that and the EU 'wall'
built by funding Turkey and Libya to stop migrants from leaving ?
The EU just did it quietly.

Hypocrisy ?

You also tend to trust anti- medicine, quack remedy shills I’ve noticed.

Nature has provided us with the Covid virus (YMMV) and also with many medicines.

A precursor to aspirin found in leaves from the willow tree has been used for its health effects for at least 2,400 years.[7][8] In 1853, chemist Charles Frédéric Gerhardt treated the medicine sodium salicylate with acetyl chloride to produce acetylsalicylic acid for the first time.

The cyclosporine used for transplant surgery is called cyclosporine A (CsA) and in 1984 it was added to the group of medicines used to prevent transplant rejection. Cyclosporine A is the most common form of the Norwegian fungus Tolypocladium inflatum.

Quinine is a common treatment for malaria. Some people believe that it can also help with leg cramps and restless legs syndrome. Quinine comes from the bark of the cinchona tree.

Science merely adapts and monetises nature, or 'anti- medicine, quack remedy shills' as you prefer to call them.

If you have ever been prescribed cyclosporine ( £ 5 per tablet, I was taking 4 per day for 18 months) you may experience the feeling that you are taking magic mushrooms as I did. Finding it's roots as a Norwegian soil spore seemed to indicate the possible cause.
It also amplifies the effect of Statins 10 fold, something my Renal consultant seemed unaware of at the time.

Absolute rubbish. Fanciful claims for Brexit required proving negatives, not hard now we have got there - stay tuned, but not so easy when people are allowed to dismiss those concerns as Project Fear. Blind and baseless optimism proved popular shock. People don't get to blame folk trying to alert them to the lies for their gullible ignorance. No amount of proof convinces those who wish to believe fantasy.
After 45 years of EEC/EU membership a coordinated leadership should have easily been able to convince voters of EU benefits. Instead they were sucked into a defence of red bus spending, defence of EU mass immigration and threats of doom and gloom from the likes of Carney and back of the queue Obama.

People love to deride Trumps wall building, but what is the difference between that and the EU 'wall'
built by funding Turkey and Libya to stop migrants from leaving ?
The EU just did it quietly.

Hypocrisy ?
Maybe, but at least there are 27 countries behind the EU wall.

After 45 years of EEC/EU membership a coordinated leadership should have easily been able to convince voters of EU benefits. Instead they were sucked into a defence of red bus spending, defence of EU mass immigration and threats of doom and gloom from the likes of Carney and back of the queue Obama.

Not at all, you've answered your own question. After all that time, the UK being part of the EU was the norm in so many ways that don't become apparent until you take them away. We had a bunch of liars and charlatans reassuring people that none of the things they liked would change - only stuff they didn't. Either you really are this thick, or you are trolling.

People suddenly surprised that travel and trade don't work the same way as they always did.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ope-hit-by-post-brexit-charges-buying-from-uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back