advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect (2022 remastered edition) II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its funny that the argument about the economy is that it would have got bigger if not for Brexit, whilst ignoring that UK maintains its place in the world rankings for GDP and is increasing its gap between it and the countries below.
Yes, wouldn't we have been doing well, instead of next to sanctioned Russia.

I don’t believe there’s doubt in any quarter that Brexit has damaged Britain’s economic performance. Even the government stated as much in their ( originally concealed) impact assessments. To say otherwise is wishful thinking or wilful misrepresentation. The only comfort the Brexit peddlers can take is that the results of their actions are masked by the economic damage from Covid and now Russia. It’s the same technique Johnson used in an attempt to conceal his own failures.

Britain has damaged itself economically and reputationally and I’m not convinced it’s reversible . It’s not just facing international instability, it’s going to have to manage internal instability now as well.

"There`s a lot of children about, what makes you think they are all mine?"

Dunno. There's just something that makes triggers the thought.

film__11825-village-of-the-damned--hi_res-47c2f290.jpg

I don’t believe there’s doubt in any quarter that Brexit has damaged Britain’s economic performance. Even the government stated as much in their ( originally concealed) impact assessments. To say otherwise is wishful thinking or wilful misrepresentation. The only comfort the Brexit peddlers can take is that the results of their actions are masked by the economic damage from Covid and now Russia. It’s the same technique Johnson used in an attempt to conceal his own failures.

Britain has damaged itself economically and reputationally and I’m not convinced it’s reversible . It’s not just facing international instability, it’s going to have to manage internal instability now as well.
It was always going to make a dent. But the UK is still the 5th biggest producer in the world, and after all this turbulence. At what cost...I cannot deny there is additional stress going on. But the argument about the economy being trashed and the country is going down the shoot etc is simply wrong.

Its funny that the argument about the economy is that it would have got bigger if not for Brexit, whilst ignoring that UK maintains its place in the world rankings for GDP and is increasing its gap between it and the countries below.

You and Liz Truss must be the only ones still bigging up Brexsh*t.

Get Brexit Done Liz says:

"For too long, we have allowed those who create wealth and high quality jobs - dynamic businesses and hard-working people - to be weighed down by onerous EU bureaucracy.

'We haven't moved fast enough to take full advantage of Brexit.

'I'll make it a priority to slash EU red tape and ensure we have the right tools in place to attract investment and deliver growth. This is just one way we'll tackle the cost of living crisis and put money back into the pockets of hard-working people.

'The way to tackle the cost-of-living crisis is by growing the economy and we cannot tax our way to growth. My economic plan will get our economy moving by reforming the supply side, getting EU regulation off our statute books, and tax cutting."

An emergency budget is being planned for September. George was a little off in his timing.

You and Liz Truss must be the only ones still bigging up Brexsh*t.
I see positive signs in gdp as a top line marker. I was actually expecting France to romp ahead of UK. But it failed to capitalise.

I see nothing significant in gdp growth other than the impact of covid.

52265181275_924c056ff9_c.jpg

So we should wave the flag and slap a smile onto our faces even though that has zero effect in the generally poor living standards of the large majority...

This is not a rich country but one where rich people happen to live.
This is a tory issue far more than a brexit issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back