advertisement

Best albums of 2019... so far

I love the Delines record - but didn't realise it was from this year! I looked it up after reading an interview with the singer from the Unthanks and have kept coming back to it. It reminds me of records I adored in the late 70s / early 80s from Charlie Gillet's Radio London show

If you haven’t already heard it, their debut “Colfax” is also fantastic. At the risk of mentioning the blindingly obvious, you might enjoy the music of Richmond Fontaine as well, as both bands share a songwriter.

Thanks for the recommendations above for the Delines album, it's a cracker. I get the Charlie Gillett reference, I listened every week in the 70s and learned the musical values that still influence me now. The Delines reminds me of Dusty In Memphis and Ann Peebles.

Julia Jacklin, Weyes Blood and Billie Eilish and add in The Delines and The Black Lillies. Very impressed by Yola also.

Enjoying Jenny Lewis - On The Line. I didn't know there was a new Edwyn Collins album, now on order.

Yes the Jenny Lewis album is great. It is a grower too. At first I didn’t think it stood up to ‘Rabit Skin Coat’ but having had it on constantly for three weeks I prefer it.

advertisement

Back