advertisement

Best albums of 2019... so far

Not necessarily ranking it as my best album of this year (yet!) ... but really liking the new Steve Hackett album "At the Edge of Light" so far. A real grower, and is quite revealing about how adventurous and continually creative the genius of the man really is. https://amzn.to/2TW20sY.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Cosey Fanni Tutti - Tutti

41ZR77GcqWL._AC_UL436_.jpg
This is my choice too. In fairness though I haven't listened to many releases from this year yet, and this is the only complete one. It keeps pulling me back to it!

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Currently enjoying Drama Queens by Sepiasound. Tremendous guitar playing by one of my favourites.

Was late 2018 release, but I have really got into Kurt Vile. Bottle it In, these last 2 months.

‘One Trick Ponies’ pleases me a lot in car at home. Or portable. Tap that groove.

Any love for the latest Solange cut? I have a feeling this might not be the place, but it’s a really strong record that reveals a little more with every listen. Too long, granted, but that seems to be norm these days.

Ah sorry Alex, missed that.

I love that it’s very much an album. Got home from work today, poured a large glass of red and got proper lost in it.

One from last year that I’ve only just picked up on ... Kadhja Bonet, Childqueen. Spending a lot of time with that too.

Thanks for these - got a long flight and a few nights when I'm wide eyed with jet lag coming up and need some new music for when I've glutted myself on crap movies and can't sleep and now have plenty to listen to.

The Spotify download function is becoming a thing I don't know how I lived without.

Kevin

Not an album. Just a single.

But the best "new" thing I've heard so far this year.

Really quite like this..

I love the Delines record - but didn't realise it was from this year! I looked it up after reading an interview with the singer from the Unthanks and have kept coming back to it. It reminds me of records I adored in the late 70s / early 80s from Charlie Gillet's Radio London show

but is along way from the type of things I usually play these days. It's connecting me with some old records and songs I've neglected for some time - Shelby Lynn, Guy Clark, even "Wild, Innocent" era Springsteen - and reminds me how much I've missed the sound of a pedal steel guitar

Fabulous. Great old school cover, too.
71brCuduSKL._SL1200_.jpg

advertisement

Back