advertisement

Beer at home

last few from the beer advent calendar

beer 21: Cloudwater Super Happy Christmas - Pale Ale - 5.3%

A Christmas version of their Pale Ale Super Happy! With Orange & Pine. really taste the pine

20230108_183656 by uh_simon, on Flickr

beer 22: a really refreshing pils lager 5.2% from Hirter Privat

20221214_183820 by uh_simon, on Flickr

beer 23: Polly's Rosa - DIPA - 8.5% - lots and lots of fruity hops

20221213_190126 by uh_simon, on Flickr

Beer 24: Amundsen BA Upside Down Christmas Cake 2022
Imperial Stout - 11.5% Pastry Christmas Stout - tastes of fruit and Christmassy, a bit like a flaky pastry mince pie!

20230116_184159 by uh_simon, on Flickr

Not strictly 'beer at home' but spent an enjoyable hour or so in the Sureshot tap in Manchester (formerly the site of the Track brewery).

Very much enjoyed:
Have Thee Nowt Moist and Ground Control to Monty Don
Have-Thee-Nowt-Moist.png

ground-control-600x600.jpg

Nor me. Hardly surprising, given where they came from. I can't recall a duff brew from Cloudwater either.
Exactly, I did a Sureshot post for my Instagram saying something like, "remember when every Cloudwater brew was a knockout"

EDIT - just checked and I actually said "Remember those brews that first got you into loving craft beer and wanting to seek out more.....These (Sureshot) are those brews grown up"

I think Tiny Rebel lost the plot some time ago tbh.
I think that’s true of several of the pioneers. Partly because some of them got taken over - Beavertown and Dark Star I’m looking at you - but maybe the pressure to continue innovating is strong, whereas arguably they should be focussing on doing what they made their name for.

I think that’s true of several of the pioneers. Partly because some of them got taken over - Beavertown and Dark Star I’m looking at you - but maybe the pressure to continue innovating is strong, whereas arguably they should be focussing on doing what they made their name for.

Dark Star have always been poor even before the take over.

Beavertown are still focusing on their core range, and experimenting like all brewers do. We go to their tap room in Tottenham Hale fairly regularly and nothing appears to have change.

Having a Six North Kriek cherry beer, quite sour and refreshing, the cherry is subtle but very nice, 6%, but you don't notice the alcohol, cost me 3 squids in Sainsburys.

my son has just presented to me a belated xmas pressie.

a Spanish gluten free session beer, Peninsula- Paseo, apparently it states session beer, WHAT at 5.1%, 'aving a laff surely

my son has just presented to me a belated xmas pressie.

a Spanish gluten free session beer, Peninsula- Paseo, apparently it states session beer, WHAT at 5.1%, 'aving a laff surely

probably on the edge of the upper end of the abv for a session.

In honor of 35" of new snow on Friday, and because it's a limited edition, available thru March.

images

A bit citrusy, and not too hoppy. Goes down easy for a 7.7 ABV beer.

advertisement

Back