advertisement

Beer at home

Made a rare (these days anyway) foray into the beer aisle at Sainso's this morning and came away with 3 bottles of Hobgoblin and 2 bottles of Weston's Cloudy Vintage cider, all to be consumed tonight.

Had a couple of pints of Greene King Icebreaker last night in the pub. Really nice, not had it before, and I see on offer in Tesco at the moment (added to next week's shopping list...)

next up from day 9 - is a collab between Abbeydale and Ascension Cider, called Funk Dungeon Pull of Gravity. In reality it is sour made with supermarket rejected eating apples

20221210_160720 by uh_simon, on Flickr

lightly acidic, apple flavour and very fresh - pretty nice sour

B4-B9-ED9-D-4744-4-D48-B15-B-8-F8-EC83-D3-EF8.jpg

Beer 11: Vatted Porter from the Kernel Brewery 7.5%

20221212_185308 by uh_simon, on Flickr

Interesting dark yet tangy flavour profile. Made to an original 1864 Bass porter recipe, but fermented in an oak ex Bordeaux red wine barrel for 9 months. I guess this is where it gets its fruity wine tang from. The is of course some roast malt bitterness.

If you enjoy or want to sample Timothy Taylor’s range, their online shop currently offers free delivery and, if you use code TT-STUFF22, a 10% reduction. I just ordered the 24 bottle mixed case and it comes at pennies over £2 per bottle - also far preferable to visiting the shops.
Enjoy

advertisement

Back