advertisement

Beer at home

‘Brewgooder boss warns of £7 pint as costs soar’
Well I haven’t been to a pub for a drink for about 2 decades and I definitely won’t be starting now!
(Not sure who Brewgooder is mind).

edit: Ponty beat me to it.

‘Brewgooder boss warns of £7 pint as costs soar’
Well I haven’t been to a pub for a drink for about 2 decades and I definitely won’t be starting now!
(Not sure who Brewgooder is mind).

edit: Ponty beat me to it.

in London last weekend we paid £18 for a pint and a half

I celebrated the demise of Mr. Johnson and the elevation of Rishi Sunak by trying a beer I had not tasted before: Timothy Taylor LANDLORD.

My Notes: Served on Dartington glass goblet. Nice head. Nose aroma of mild apple. Head collapsed after about a minute. Tastes mild, not malty. I would say neutral with not a lot of flavour. A lovely drop. I could drink it.

I have long been partial to Yorkshire beer. When living in the north of Scotland I regularly imported it. Does LANDLORD replace the best beer in the world, Shepherd Neame SPITFIRE?
Certainly not.

Cheers!
eguth and boogboogboogaboo

kept properly Landlord is a superb pint, up there with the very best.

in London last weekend we paid £18 for a pint and a half
My go-to beer in Sainsbury’s i.e. whatever is on offer, is currently £2.60 a litre (Bishop’s Finger).
Unbelievable value - I’m even getting to like it :D:D

(in a bottle too!!)

My go-to beer in Sainsbury’s i.e. whatever is on offer, is currently £2.60 a litre (Bishop’s Finger).
Unbelievable value - I’m even getting to like it :D:D

(in a bottle too!!)
Shepherd Neame SPITFIRE is better (in my opinion), and only slightly more expensive. 500ml bottle is usually £1.35 .

Don’t know if there are regional variations but the Jupiler in our local bar in Tarn et Garonne is only just OK - cold, unremarkable, just what you need when it’s 40° outside but I wouldn’t seek it out if I was looking for flavour, complexity etc.

advertisement

Back