advertisement

Beer at home

Thank you. I do not drink it. This thread is not, so far as I can tell reserved only for craft beer enthusiasts, nor is one obliged to praise everything other people like or to remain silent about genuine concerns as to how the craft is developing.
Sour beer isn't just a craft beer thing though. It, too, has been brewed for centuries. And yes, it's an acquired taste, but the craft beer movement is all about exprimentation with all styles of beer. As you say, nobody is forcing anybody to drink this stuff.

Dear Lord deliver me from the Craft Beer con-artisans...
I can no longer be classified as a beer drinker

Nevertheless, on the basis of extremely limited "craft" drinking, I find I myself strongly in agreement with Cav's comments... and pleased he takes a bold stance against the hype.

I can no longer be classified as a beer drinker

Nevertheless, on the basis of extremely limited "craft" drinking, I find I myself strongly in agreement with Cav's comments... and pleased he takes a bold stance against the hype.

Where is the hype? there are new beers arriving almost daily, there is no big advertising campaigns, mainly word of mouth, the old beers are still there, they have not been replaced, there is no threat, the whole thing can be totally ignored if you want.

Where is the hype? there are new beers arriving almost daily, there is no big advertising campaigns, mainly word of mouth, the old beers are still there, they have not been replaced, there is no threat, the whole thing can be totally ignored if you want.

indeed no hype - drink what you like, the experimentation is healthy and interesting. In fact many lean on ancient (far older than our brown beers) techniques revived for a modern audience. Anything that expands beer drinker to different audiences (sours got my Mrs drinking beer) can only be a good thing.

I celebrated the demise of Mr. Johnson and the elevation of Rishi Sunak by trying a beer I had not tasted before: Timothy Taylor LANDLORD.

My Notes: Served on Dartington glass goblet. Nice head. Nose aroma of mild apple. Head collapsed after about a minute. Tastes mild, not malty. I would say neutral with not a lot of flavour. A lovely drop. I could drink it.

I have long been partial to Yorkshire beer. When living in the north of Scotland I regularly imported it. Does LANDLORD replace the best beer in the world, Shepherd Neame SPITFIRE?
Certainly not.

Cheers!
eguth and boogboogboogaboo

I celebrated the demise of Mr. Johnson and the elevation of Rishi Sunak by trying a beer I had not tasted before: Timothy Taylor LANDLORD.

My Notes: Served on Dartington glass goblet. Nice head. Nose aroma of mild apple. Head collapsed after about a minute. Tastes mild, not malty. I would say neutral with not a lot of flavour. A lovely drop. I could drink it.

I have long been partial to Yorkshire beer. When living in the north of Scotland I regularly imported it. Does LANDLORD replace the best beer in the world, Shepherd Neame SPITFIRE?
Certainly not.

Cheers!
eguth and boogboogboogaboo

I cannot believe you’ve never tried Landlord! Classic ale, not a huge fan of Shepherd Neame though.

Was that from a bottle? The head collapsing doesn't sound like the cask ale. If you enjoyed it perhaps try others in their range e.g. Knowle Spring (lighter) and Boltmaker (darker).
Enjoy
Bottle. Have u tried Spitfire?

So many years ago that I can’t remember it. I live in the north of Notts and, despite the thread title, I tend not to drink beer at home and I never see Spitfire in local pubs.

Anyone else got a Perfect Draft? Possibly not the cheapest way to buy beer, although I picked eight kegs up from Calais recently. Including Leffe, Kwak, Jupiter, Karmeliet and Goose.

9567B6F6-A923-42BB-B615-4C68E9A008EB.jpeg

Anyone else got a Perfect Draft? Possibly not the cheapest way to buy beer, although I picked eight kegs up from Calais recently. Including Leffe, Kwak, Jupiter, Karmeliet and Goose.

9567B6F6-A923-42BB-B615-4C68E9A008EB.jpeg
Yes bought when we went into lockdown, tried a good few Belgian/German beers mainly just jupiler now as it's been a favorite of mine for years.

advertisement

Back