advertisement

Audial Model S DAC

A Mac mini runs Roon and LMS, and GentooPlayer for the streamer. Ropiee, Moode and DietPi also work with the S5

The only part of the equation that would matter is the streamer as endpoint. Anything else is irrelevant to what the DAC sees

A Mac mini runs Roon and LMS, and GentooPlayer for the streamer. Ropiee, Moode and DietPi also work with the S5
hmm if the DAC is recognized under Ropiee, Moode and Dietpi that is indeed something. And if the Mac Mini is connected directly to the DAC via USB and is recognized both by Roon and LMS, then I'd like to see the actual error screen/window/message being generated by INNUOS when it attempts to recognize the Audial S5 DAC. Perhaps INNUOS has introduced a constraint by a proprietary software modification.

hmm if the DAC is recognized under Ropiee, Moode and Dietpi that is indeed something. And if the Mac Mini is connected directly to the DAC via USB and is recognized both by Roon and LMS, then I'd like to see the actual error screen/window/message being generated by INNUOS when it attempts to recognize the Audial S5 DAC. Perhaps INNUOS has introduced a constraint by a proprietary software modification.
My Innuos streamer recognised the Audial DAC, just no successful data transmission took place. My Audial S5 has now been fixed to work with my Innuos and I will get it back on Saturday. IMO all S5s should be configured for two channel to avoid this, with 4 channel being an option. I really can't see many people using this DAC in 4 channel set ups

My Innuos streamer recognised the Audial DAC, just no successful data transmission took place. My Audial S5 has now been fixed to work with my Innuos and I will get it back on Saturday. IMO all S5s should be configured for two channel to avoid this, with 4 channel being an option. I really can't see many people using this DAC in 4 channel set ups
Mine will be 2 channel. I can hardly wait to get it - if it’s only marginally better than the S4 I will be thrilled. The S4 is one of the best Dacs I have heard.

I'm still without my s5 DAC :mad: it was booked for collection by DPD Friday with delivery Saturday. But apparently the driver picked up the boxes on Friday and bunked off home so the boxes never got to the Depot until this morning when he rocked up. You couldn't make this stuff up!

I'm still without my s5 DAC :mad: it was booked for collection by DPD Friday with delivery Saturday. But apparently the driver picked up the boxes on Friday and bunked off home so the boxes never got to the Depot until this morning when he rocked up. You couldn't make this stuff up!
People are always quick to jump to conclusions regarding delivery drivers, I know they are not all perfect and we do hear and see some horror stories. This person may well have been asked to pick up the boxes and no one told him they were for delivery next day. He may well have just finished a 60+hr week and wanted to get home to see his family for the weekend, but of course you couldn't make this up.

People are always quick to jump to conclusions regarding delivery drivers, I know they are not all perfect and we do hear and see some horror stories. This person may well have been asked to pick up the boxes and no one told him they were for delivery next day. He may well have just finished a 60+hr week and wanted to get home to see his family for the weekend, but of course you couldn't make this up.
DPD picked it up with a guaranteed next day delivery for Sat paid for and this happened. I'm not apportioning blame. I would also doubt a driver is allowed to pick up high value items and keep them over the weekend in a van but these are all 'problems in the kitchen' that I have no info or opinion on, just that Elite Audio paid for a service that patently was not delivered

@Juancho You were apportioning the blame to the driver who picked up the parcel on Friday night. You say he 'bunked' off and then 'rocked in' on Monday morning. I am happy for you to blame the driver if you know all the facts and have spoken to said driver. You would also 'doubt' a driver would be allowed to keep an high value item in their van overnight, do you know what DPD consider to be 'high value'? The fault, in my opinion rests with DPD management.

@Juancho You were apportioning the blame to the driver who picked up the parcel on Friday night. You say he 'bunked' off and then 'rocked in' on Monday morning. I am happy for you to blame the driver if you know all the facts and have spoken to said driver. You would also 'doubt' a driver would be allowed to keep an high value item in their van overnight, do you know what DPD consider to be 'high value'? The fault, in my opinion rests with DPD management.
OK this is way off topic so I don't intend to reply apart from saying I spoke loosely in saying 'bunked off'. Please start a courier thread or revivie an existing one if you want to discuss couriers etc

Finally my Audial s5 has arrived and is connected up to the Innuos and it is making marvellous sounds! A lengthy saga which will hopefully help other buyers with Innuos or other LMS based playback servers.:)

That’s good to hear, not easy waiting for ones equipment to arrive😉
I have been very interested in the s5, but I wished it had a remote and a standby function, as I often use my dac for YouTube music videos.
I also by far prefer the black version.

Finally my Audial s5 has arrived and is connected up to the Innuos and it is making marvellous sounds! A lengthy saga which will hopefully help other buyers with Innuos or other LMS based playback servers.:)
That’s fantastic. I have requested the 2 channel version but sadly didn’t go black. The quality of the silver finish is stunning. Mine is still in the next batch.

I really need to pull my finger out and build this :)

2,75 years and counting :)
I know, I just need to reserve 4 hours to put the BOM together in one go, rather than trying in bits…easier said than done, but need to check online, maybe someone has a current BOM from one or two suppliers to help :)

The S5 is now settling down beautifully. Utterly tireless, and brilliantly musical across rock, jazz, classics, baroque, electronica. Highly recommended

advertisement

Back