advertisement

Audial Model S DAC

Thanks. As Innuos is LMS based that implies to me it's an Innuos issue more than Audial.....
Also explains why the other streamers at Elite didn’t work since most are LMS based. im guessing your Mac worked as it’s not using LMS.

It's all gone strangely quiet at Elite. I've sent them the solution as earlier in the thread so:

1. Innuos could make a small change which enables their streamer to ignore a four channel DAC and treat it as a two channel

2. Pedja could change the firmware, so the DAC is seen as a two channel device

I've been without my music library and Innuos streamer for some 10 days now...........

Really hope you get this sorted. I’m listening to my S4 now with that crappy Eversolo as a USB source and it sounds great.

Really hope you get this sorted. I’m listening to my S4 now with that crappy Eversolo as a USB source and it sounds great.
Lucky you! I'm listening to the crappy Eversolo as a USB source on my own build tad1541 DAC and it sounds pretty decent, but not a patch on my much more expensive Innuos set up, but you would expect that all being equal! One of the biggest differences is on Internet radio where the Eversolo sounds much worse on low bitrate material, which happens to be my default listening when working o_O

I'm going to have to give USB a go on my 'crappy' Eversolo, which by the way has given superb service for the last 6 months without a glitch, using it's internal dac. I've been using coax into a Soekris dac in the uk.

I'm going to have to give USB a go on my 'crappy' Eversolo, which by the way has given superb service for the last 6 months without a glitch, using it's internal dac. I've been using coax into a Soekris dac in the uk.
I'm pleased if you're 😊. It's partly what I'm used to-much more pricey Innuos set up with a much better App. And also comparison with my Mac Mini, which is so much better I have switched the Eversolo off.

The Eversolo has crashed once but a software download seemed to cure that. And it refuses to integrate my Qobuz favourites

@Juancho The Eversolo doesn't intergrate favourites with your own music library like Roon and since you've mentioned it the Innous app must do the same. I don't have a problem with this since when I go onto Qobuz favourites they are at least in alphabetical order, unlike a couple of previous streamers. I've never used a Mac mini but did use a mini fanless pc before and the Eversolo is without doubt better. Not only that everytime Windows updated I could not play music, 50% of the time my drivers had disappeared. A common problem by all accounts when I spoke to someone at the Windows help centre.

INNUOS Zen Mini and LMS aside, does AUDIAL Model S DAC work under Roon? Is it recognized properly?
Does anyone out there have this DAC running in a Roon environment?

@Juancho The Eversolo doesn't intergrate favourites with your own music library like Roon and since you've mentioned it the Innous app must do the same. I don't have a problem with this since when I go onto Qobuz favourites they are at least in alphabetical order, unlike a couple of previous streamers. I've never used a Mac mini but did use a mini fanless pc before and the Eversolo is without doubt better. Not only that everytime Windows updated I could not play music, 50% of the time my drivers had disappeared. A common problem by all accounts when I spoke to someone at the Windows help centre.
I'm not referring to integrating my music library with Qobuz (which sense does on search). I'm referring to integrating my favourite albums to the App, rather than only around 10 albums.

If your NUC sounded worse than the Eversolo something must have been seriously amiss

I'm not referring to integrating my music library with Qobuz (which sense does on search). I'm referring to integrating my favourite albums to the App, rather than only around 10 albums.

If your NUC sounded worse than the Eversolo something must have been seriously amiss
No problem here with favourites stored on Qobuz, I don't know how many I have but a lot more than 10.

Are you sure your Eversolo is not seriously amiss?

Not wishing to further derail the thread, and this should be in the Eversolo is pants thread but, after extensive listening over recent days I can confirm that the Eversolo is a better sounding streamer in both my systems via USB than my MacBook/Audirvana.

I am still not completely convinced by its internal dac, preferring all three others I have on hand but it’s marginal, frankly.

Yes we should be on the other thread! This one is a loaner while my Innuos /Audial is sorted, although brand new, so I have no incentive to sort it out. One reason I started the other thread was I found it hard to believe how bad it is and was interested in others' experience.

advertisement

Back