advertisement

Apple audio adapter

I mean it works but it’s not quite the star implied here, it’s fine, a means to hear headphones on your phone that’s about it.

FWIW I always felt my 6S sounded very good unless it was asked to drive the high impedance HD-600s. I think it has a bit more output than the adapter too.
the only criticism I suppose is I can't charge my ipad at the same time as using the audio adapter...it uses about 20% of ipad power per hour..

I mean it works but it’s not quite the star implied here, it’s fine, a means to hear headphones on your phone that’s about it.
I use my apple audio adapter through my hifi..i have no interest in headphones to be honest...my hifi kit is quite good and for the money and for the sound it produces I would say its a ' superstar ' but I can't comment on how it performs with headphones? I'm sorry it isn't floating your boat..its floating mine but us with our big heavy amps and ridiculous expensive speakers are easily pleased by something cheap which sounds alright! Hahaha.

My daughters have bought adaptors from a shop somewhere that allow charging and headphone listening at the same time for current Iphone lightning connectors.
They bought them so they could create and play their own playlists for a silent disco (3 channels) for their 21st B'day party. Worked brilliantly.

I borrowed one the other day - seems pretty good!

I use my apple audio adapter through my hifi..i have no interest in headphones to be honest...my hifi kit is quite good and for the money and for the sound it produces I would say its a ' superstar ' but I can't comment on how it performs with headphones? I'm sorry it isn't floating your boat..its floating mine but us with our big heavy amps and ridiculous expensive speakers are easily pleased by something cheap which sounds alright! Hahaha.

I have never found a situation where the only source of a track is from my phone and no where else consequently I have never connected my phone to a hifi

I have never found a situation where the only source of a track is from my phone and no where else consequently I have never connected my phone to a hifi
I used to use my phone with my hifi but it wasn't very satisfactory..I'm using my ipad more nowadays as my tablet which has Windows operating system is nothing but trouble..and on the whole, apple kit is fairly trouble free..I use the camera connector thingy which goes to amp via cyrus soundkey and it also means I can charge ipad too...at the moment I'm preferring apple audio connector to sound key ( which surprised me )

Yeah fair enough. I am fully into streaming so have stuff in place for that. Phone is only used as a remote control.

I have used the dongle for iem’s and it sounds alright, too bassy for my liking but you can adjust that with eq. However to my ears it all sounds ‘over driven’ even on lower volume. And as noted it destroys battery life lol.

I'm gonna buy one and try it out with my Axon 7 Mini Android gadget thing. Fwiw, it seems the EU version only outputs 0.5v whereas the US (and presumably rest of the world version with the exception of us over here) outputs at 1v. This might be significant depending on usage.

Yeah fair enough. I am fully into streaming so have stuff in place for that. Phone is only used as a remote control.

I have used the dongle for iem’s and it sounds alright, too bassy for my liking but you can adjust that with eq. However to my ears it all sounds ‘over driven’ even on lower volume. And as noted it destroys battery life lol.
Agreed 20% a hour is quite a lot..when I use my ipad for music using its tiny speakers with cover down so screen is switched off but music plays..it uses hardly any battery? They say this apple adapter is very frugal?

I'm gonna buy one and try it out with my Axon 7 Mini Android gadget thing. Fwiw, it seems the EU version only outputs 0.5v whereas the US (and presumably rest of the world version with the exception of us over here) outputs at 1v. This might be significant depending on usage.
I may try this adapter with my step up transformer..ill try it tonite..Will report back

I’ll have to put battery life to the test. The 6S seemed happy to drive headphones all day without draining the battery, it’s the screen that drains an iPhone. The iPhone 13 battery seems astonishing so far. Really good.

Yes it’s amazingly durable.
After a day out and listening to music on Spotify for a good two-hour motorway drive, I’m still at 84 %.

The 1 volt international version can be identified through the following code: MU7E2AM.

I had a quick search online there and all the big shops just won't ship to the UK - apparently, they think we're still in the EU! To get an International 1v version you'd need to get someone to buy one natively on your behalf and then ship it to you here in the UK.

It has some good reviews on line, the main downside I see is that apple only transmits AAC over bluetooth.

advertisement

Back