advertisement

Apple audio adapter

Mine is the UK version..volume is fine..if your worried about the volts? Try a step up transformer...shouldn't need one though...ipad at full volume into schitt sys works very well..sorry to ask silly question but have you gone on to ipad settings to check the volume is at max?

I've got the USB-C version as I don't have an iPhone or iPad. My interest in voltage output is really to do with the question of whether the 2V version can drive my HD650s. The EU version just can't do it. I mean sounds comes out of course, but it's just not up to scratch. If the 2V version has enough oomph to drive HD650s then I want one, hence why I asked my sister to pick up one while she was in LA; which unfortunately turned out to be a Lightning to 3.5mm audio adaptor.

I've got the USB-C version as I don't have an iPhone or iPad. My interest in voltage output is really to do with the question of whether the 2V version can drive my HD650s. The EU version just can't do it. I mean sounds comes out of course, but it's just not up to scratch. If the 2V version has enough oomph to drive HD650s then I want one, hence why I asked my sister to pick up one while she was in LA; which unfortunately turned out to be a Lightning to 3.5mm audio adaptor.
Sorry windhoek..I just use ipad/ audio adapter straight into hifi...I know headphones can be particular about what drives them...I have no knowledge about this..sorry

got one of these just a day or two ago. plugged it into my iPhone 12 and then into the HiFi.. The iPhone asked if it was plugged into Headphones or something else. (Maybe it changes the circutry used to drive the load?) I pressed something else. The sound level (max vol on iPhone) was same as the Airport Express I use to stream - which is a second gen one, so 2V). Not tried it on my Audio Technica ATH-911's yet (these are real buggers to drive, so I'd be astonished if I get much out of them without using my headphone amp). I'll get a chance to try later in the week - headphones are 80 miles away currently! I was impressed with the sound - cleaner than the airport express but possibly slightly less bass weight. compared to an iPhone 6S i had knocking around, it was light and day better than the headphone socket on the 6S - much wider soundstage, much more detail, upper frequencies not curtailed. great value. Apple do a bidirectional lightning to 3.5mm lead (costs more, but presume has DAC/ADC in as its bidirectional).. anyone tried this between their iPhone and headphone amp?

Update for those interested... The AAA actually drives my ATH-911's pretty well. These are 600 ohms and generally most things apart from proper headphone amps cant get much out of them. In this case, the iPhone 12 with this adapter was able to drive them to acceptable levels - this is something my iPod Classic and MacBook Pro have failed to do. very impressive.

advertisement

Back