advertisement

All purpose football thread 2023/24 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont buy the argument that Tottenham will roll over tonight to ensure Arsenal don’t win the PL - a fans perspective maybe but the management of Spurs will care more about the Champions league money,
Yeah I'm not having it. The team are professionals and have big bonuses riding on performances and league position. They aren't pathetic, weak-minded, petty fools like a lot of football supporters.

They don't look like they want to lose based on the first half!

I dont buy the argument that Tottenham will roll over tonight to ensure Arsenal don’t win the PL - a fans perspective maybe but the management of Spurs will care more about the Champions league money,
I agree with the first part, but we will not make the CL this season. Have doubts we will next year, but would be very happy to be wrong.

Would have bet my house on Son scoring in the one on one. Man C clinical.
Kind of sums up Spurs really. Son is not Centre Forward material and they have'nt really completed the jigsaw since Kane went.
Last time they had some real attacking intent was when Richarlison got the last 20 minutes up at Anfield.

Kind of sums up Spurs really. Son is not Centre Forward material and they have'nt really completed the jigsaw since Kane went.
Last time they had some real attacking intent was when Richarlison got the last 20 minutes up at Anfield.
While you might not choose Son to lead the line k, he is an outstanding finisher, one of the best on the league. Way better than Richarlison.

He'd normally knock in that chance with his eyes shut.

I really enjoyed the game and especially the result. Son is a brilliant player, but playing without a dedicated centre forward allowed Spurs to take a level of possession that is very rare against City, if at the expense of the ability to finish chances. This was a game of fine margins: a couple of good saves, an exquisite pass from Foden, and the kings of goals and assists finishing the rare chances that Spurs could not. IT IS NOT OVER, and nobody in the City team will be thinking that it is.

I was amused that Gary Neville gave Ortega Man of the Match. Not disagreeing, mind. He is hardly a step down when Edersen is unavailable, I am just pleased he hasn't left us. It's back in our hands again, just a pity the last match isn't against Arsenal.

I really enjoyed the game and especially the result. Son is a brilliant player, but playing without a dedicated centre forward allowed Spurs to take a level of possession that is very rare against City, if at the expense of the ability to finish chances. This was a game of fine margins: a couple of good saves, an exquisite pass from Foden, and the kings of goals and assists finishing the rare chances that Spurs could not. IT IS NOT OVER, and nobody in the City team will be thinking that it is.
I think the nature of the celebrations among the team and the fans showed they all thought it was over, which it probably is.

However, I'm sure Pep will get into them and they will refocus and beat West Ham.

I think the nature of the celebrations among the team and the fans showed they all thought it was over, which it probably is.

However, I'm sure Pep will get into them and they will refocus and beat West Ham.
I think it's relief. Undoubtedly, they will be feeling a great deal of pressure, so these wins release it, and then it builds again. I doubt there is any complacency whatsoever within the club. I thought the media, however, were really disrespectful to West Ham, as if beating them is an absolute given - in the last game of the season, nothing could be further from truth.

As a Villa fan we are in dream land in such a short space of time. We will need better squad depth if we are to do much in the champions league. The last few games we have looked tired.
As for Tottenham fans wanting to lose its just sad. I heard Nihal on 5 live yesterday banging on about wanting his team to lose it was beyond pathetic. I was starting to warm to his show but I switched off. Its a dinosaur mentality.

As a Villa fan we are in dream land in such a short space of time. We will need better squad depth if we are to do much in the champions league. The last few games we have looked tired.
As for Tottenham fans wanting to lose it’s just sad. I heard Nihal on 5 live yesterday banging on about wanting his team to lose it was beyond pathetic. I was starting to warm to his show but I switched off. It’s a dinosaur mentality.
I don’t know why people are surprised by the Tottenham fans stance. Liverpool fans would have their team lose to stop Man United winning the league and visa versa. Sunderland/Newcastle, Birmingham/Villa, Portsmouth/Southampton to name a few would be the same.

I’m not condoning it but I’m not surprised one bit.

Cheers BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back