advertisement

All purpose football thread 2023/24 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know why people are surprised by the Tottenham fans stance. Liverpool fans would have their team lose to stop Man United winning the league and visa versa. Sunderland/Newcastle, Birmingham/Villa, Portsmouth/Southampton to name a few would be the same.

I’m not condoning it but I’m not surprised one bit.

Cheers BB
Exactly, as a Spurs fan I would not want to see that either, it is not in the true spirit of the game. trouble is I think the ref's control is diminishing, grown men falling over,, swearing and back chatting and numerous other unnecessary actions as these attitudes/actions have been taken on by some of the supporters who in turn strongly oppose other teams/fans. sumfink like that

I want Everton to win every game , I did join in a few choruses of Blue Moon when we were at Arsenal on the last day of the 21/22 season and Man City won the title by a point from Liverpool. We got beat 5-1 and we’re back there on Sunday with a bit more riding on it for Arsenal this season.

I think it's relief. Undoubtedly, they will be feeling a great deal of pressure, so these wins release it, and then it builds again. I doubt there is any complacency whatsoever within the club. I thought the media, however, were really disrespectful to West Ham, as if beating them is an absolute given - in the last game of the season, nothing could be further from truth.
I agree but city are rightly strong favourites, especially at home.

It's perfectly fine for the Spurs (or any other) fans to want their team to lose in the circumstances. For the players and staff it is a different matter.
It's also all very well Ange getting worked up about it but it wasn't the fans who lost the last four on the bounce.

Just back from the Amex stadium nice to win there after last year’s drubbing.
They have very comfortable padded seats there just a shame as an away fan you never get a chance to sit on them.

My sister has a season ticket to Spuds Ladies and got a ticket in the ballot for last week's Wembley final. Apparently allocation per team was circa 11,000! Think that's even lower than for the men's final. Hey it's all about the fans....not!

I think it's relief. Undoubtedly, they will be feeling a great deal of pressure, so these wins release it, and then it builds again. I doubt there is any complacency whatsoever within the club. I thought the media, however, were really disrespectful to West Ham, as if beating them is an absolute given - in the last game of the season, nothing could be further from truth.
Thanks for observing the media stance towards us oldius, there's a large section of us that have got the right hump about the way that certain ex-players have slated a section of the supporters over our opinions on David Moyes' tenure....But that's another story....

I don't doubt for a second that Man City will beat us (hoping it's not a real hiding truth be told!).

I hope you do win the title again though as I've always had a soft spot for Man City, never forgetting the mutual respect between the two sets of supporters after City went down in 97 (?) at Upton Park.

Thanks for observing the media stance towards us oldius, there's a large section of us that have got the right hump about the way that certain ex-players have slated a section of the supporters over our opinions on David Moyes' tenure....But that's another story....

I don't doubt for a second that Man City will beat us (hoping it's not a real hiding truth be told!).

I hope you do win the title again though as I've always had a soft spot for Man City, never forgetting the mutual respect between the two sets of supporters after City went down in 97 (?) at Upton Park.
Yes. There is definitely a bond between the two clubs. I suspect that a large part of it comes from being a big club in a major city, yet starved of success (relatively). There has always been a respect there.

I don’t know why people are surprised by the Tottenham fans stance. Liverpool fans would have their team lose to stop Man United winning the league and visa versa. Sunderland/Newcastle, Birmingham/Villa, Portsmouth/Southampton to name a few would be the same.

I’m not condoning it but I’m not surprised one bit.

Cheers BB
Excellent discussion from circa 21mins about why the current dominance of City and to a lesser extent The Big 6 may be changing attitudes amongst fans towards rivalry:

NUFC TOTL and uncatchable going into the final weekend:
Premier-League-Clubs-Days-Lost-To-Injuries-05-17-2024.webp

Days lost to injury: does each day mean one player out for one day? So ten players out for one day is the same as one player out for ten days? How are days calculated? If a player misses two matches, is that two days or eight days, if each match is on a Saturday?
Where are these figures from? A link would be appreciated.
And on a related note, are the large numbers due to poor training, too many matches, or what? Players trying too hard to compete, coming back too soon?

I heard that Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United lost 82% of their injury days just before international week. I heard it from Alf who runs the chippy by the Etihad stadium.

I heard that Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United lost 82% of their injury days just before international week. I heard it from Alf who runs the chippy by the Etihad stadium.
diddums. That's what huge squads are for for goodness sake! The differences between teams will not only be coincidence.

Alf? Sounds like Alf Haaland spouting more nonsense. Made up for him getting a job in the chippy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back