advertisement

All purpose football thread 2023/24 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know your source, Colin, but it is not CAS.

This is the CAS media release, unedited and free from journalistic input:

Court of Arbitration for Sport
MEDIA RELEASE
For further information related to the CAS activity and procedures in general, please contact either Matthieu Reeb, CAS Director General, or Katy Hogg, Communications Officer. Château de Béthusy, Avenue de Beaumont 2, 1012 Lausanne, Switzerland. [email protected]; Tel: (41 21) 613 50 00; fax: (41 21) 613 50 01, or consult the CAS website: www.tas-cas.orgFOOTBALL

UEFA COMPETITIONS: MANCHESTER CITY FC DID NOT DISGUISE EQUITY FUNDING AS SPONSORSHIP CONTRIBUTIONS BUT DID FAIL TO COOPERATE WITH THE UEFA AUTHORITIES

CAS DECISION: EXCLUSION FROM PARTICIPATION IN UEFA CLUB COMPETITIONS LIFTED; FINE MAINTAINED BUT REDUCED TO EUR 10 MILLION

Hopefully, the latest case will be heard very soon.
I won't comment further now.

As for the 115, that will be a long one.

The Guardian...quoting from the full version of the finding, not you "headline" version.
The CAS media release is simply factual. I am afraid that newspapers wish to sell papers and generate clicks.
No more from me, but do answer what you will do if City are found innocent of the charges.

I will be very surprised indeed and put it down to their colossally expensive lawyers.

City's case against the Premier League is an utter desperate embarrassment and your defence of it even more so.

I will be very surprised indeed and put it down to their colossally expensive lawyers.

City's case against the Premier League is an utter desperate embarrassment and your defence of it even more so.
And you highlight the issue:
It did not matter that CAS found City to be innocent.
It will not matter if City beat the 115.
You will always believe guilt, and the papers and click-bait merchants feed from it and will give you reasons to support your decision.

I have not defended City's case against the Premier League (not the 115) because I do not know what the case is, other than the tiny bit of information that's out there. Even Stefan Borson has said that any conversation, at present, is pure speculation. I will always support anyone's ability to defend themselves.

See you on the other side.

Usually, I would agree, but I was very surprised by the quality of this segment. Stefan always talks sense, but the difference was made by the panel who actually listened rather than constantly interjecting, ala Simon Jordan.

Do you think City are innocent of all charges and do you support their legal action against the FA?

And you highlight the issue:
It did not matter that CAS found City to be innocent.
It will not matter if City beat the 115.
You will always believe guilt, and the papers and click-bait merchants feed from it and will give you reasons to support your decision.

I have not defended City's case against the Premier League (not the 115) because I do not know what the case is, other than the tiny bit of information that's out there. Even Stefan Borson has said that any conversation, at present, is pure speculation. I will always support anyone's ability to defend themselves.

See you on the other side.

And again, read the article. City were not found innocent. They were found guilty but the offences were time-barred and the impartiality of the 3 man CAS adjudicating body was "suspect" at best.

And again, read the article. City were not found innocent. They were found guilty but the offences were time-barred and the impartiality of the 3 man CAS adjudicating body was "suspect" at best.
Good lord.
As I said, even in the face of an overturned ban from European competition you insist on guilt. Even in the face of a media release that states DID NOT disguise equity funding you believe guilt.
If the 115 are beaten, it will be because of expensive lawyers, as if the PL are going down the Dog and Duck for Billy Liar. Nothing more to add.

On
Do you think City are innocent of all charges and do you support their legal action against the FA?
On the former, CAS have declared innocence. Time barred offences cannot be heard, nor defended, so guilt is not established. I have no idea what additional information the PL have, nor City's defence, so I do not know. As for the case against the PL, nobody has seen the details. I definitely support any club's right to pursue a case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back