advertisement

All purpose football thread 2023/24 Season

Great performance and an outstanding result. Commiserations to Arsenal and their fans.
I never expected the title this year after the achievements of last year. 44 years of my life without one is a long, long time gone.
One more game to go.
Every year sees new challengers and Arsenal, Chelsea, Newcastle, and Villa could all be in the mix. For Liverpool, the loss of Jurgen Klopp represents a huge challenge. The close season will be a very interesting time.

There is a stark difference between the state of Liverpool upon Klopp's departure and the state of Manchester United upon Ferguson's departure. I'd say Liverpool is in as good a place as they can be ready for a new Manager.

There is a stark difference between the state of Liverpool upon Klopp's departure and the state of Manchester United upon Ferguson's departure. I'd say Liverpool is in as good a place as they can be ready for a new Manager.
Definitely in a better place than United, for sure. There's no criticism of Liverpool here, it's a compliment to Jurgen Klopp that his loss will be difficult to deal with.

Definitely in a better place than United, for sure. There's no criticism of Liverpool here, it's a compliment to Jurgen Klopp that his loss will be difficult to deal with.
No I know where you are coming from. There could be uncertain times ahead for a few teams.

I like Klopp but as Roy Keane said today, “it’s one Premier League and one Champions League, hardly a legacy is it?”

On the face of it, a bit churlish but to some extent he’s right. Completely overshadowed by City during his time at Liverpool.

Cheers BB

I like Klopp but as Roy Keane said today, “it’s one Premier League and one Champions League, hardly a legacy is it?”

On the face of it, a bit churlish but to some extent he’s right. Completely overshadowed by City during his time at Liverpool.

Cheers BB
Nothing churlish about speaking the truth.

Desperate little Everton always looking to stay relevant and accept any pat on the head from another club.

Remember when you were protesting against 'corruption' and you had your pathetic little cards waving in the Gwladys Street end and expected Ciddy to support you. And they just sang cheating bastards and feed the scousers back at you.

You bad, bad wool.

Cheers BB
It's never easy when you are competing with the greatest team in PL history is it? Still, one CL and one CL final isn't bad.
Roy Keane is paid to be on the wind up which is handy because he is the personification of 'those who can't manage commentate'. He couldn't manage his tea!

What a strike! Chelsea have some real potential in their team.
More important than the goal is Ciacedo looking like a real player.

Jackson has got some bad press, but he has scored more goals in his first season than Drogba, who was two years older when he joined Chelsea

My big worry is Gallagher. He is central to everything good that happens with Chelsea. If we sell him because some accountant wants to balance some numbers on the books, it will be an act of utter self immolation.

More important than the goal is Ciacedo looking like a real player.

Jackson has got some bad press, but he has scored more goals in his first season than Drogba, who was two years older when he joined Chelsea

My big worry is Gallagher. He is central to everything good that happens with Chelsea. If we sell him because some accountant wants to balance some numbers on the books, it will be an act of utter self immolation.
Definitely a much improved player.
So much focus on football finances in the last 24 hours following City's league win, so I was looking at some net spends.

I looked at four years because I was discussing the four wins on the trot:
City 281m; Arsenal 531m; Liverpool 300m; Aston Villa 226m; Tottenham 451m; Chelsea 914m; Newcastle 449m; Manchester United 539m

Obviously, yours stands out a mile, so I guess player sales are inevitable; what do you think you will do?

Definitely a much improved player.
So much focus on football finances in the last 24 hours following City's league win, so I was looking at some net spends.

I looked at four years because I was discussing the four wins on the trot:
City 281m; Arsenal 531m; Liverpool 300m; Aston Villa 226m; Tottenham 451m; Chelsea 914m; Newcastle 449m; Manchester United 539m

Obviously, yours stands out a mile, so I guess player sales are inevitable; what do you think you will do?
What happens at Chelsea has been beyond my comprehension for bloody years, but selling Gallagher would be a mistake. I would rather see a lot of the fringe player sold off to trim what seems to me to be a squad that is too big, and not buy in any big players.

If that means we’re not challenging for the title next year, so be it, beating City is still a distant dream even with a £150m striker.

I say stick with the long term project of developing young players and wait until Haaland moves to Madrid.

Might need to hobble Foden as well.

KDB is practically a pensioner already anyway

What happens at Chelsea has been beyond my comprehension for bloody years, but selling Gallagher would be a mistake. I would rather see a lot of the fringe player sold off to trim what seems to me to be a squad that is too big, and not buy in any big players.

If that means we’re not challenging for the title next year, so be it, beating City is still a distant dream even with a £150m striker.

I say stick with the long term project of bringing in young players and wait until Haaland moves to Madrid.

Might need to hobble Foden as well.

KDB is practically a pensioner already anyway
Pochettino doesn't feel, to me, like a manager who wants a huge squad. He clearly has taken a little time to establish the team he wants on the pitch and results have improved from that point.

Pochettino doesn't feel, to me, like a manager who wants a huge squad. He clearly has taken a little time to establish the team he wants on the pitch and results have improved from that point.
Yes, I agree. I sense there might be some tension between whoever is in charge of recruitment and the coach

advertisement

Back