advertisement

All purpose football thread 2023/24 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that is quite a margin of victory. Presaging a new era of financial domination and the passing of the baton. Disappointed Brian didn't make an appearance on here for a bit of a crow. Hope he's alright or maybe he had enough and decided to leave.

Not sure last nights thrashing had anything to do with money.
One team was organised, motivated & clinical - the other was frankly clueless.
I share your thoughts regarding Brian though - hope he's back on here soon.

Definitely not all about money. From the starting line-up last night, Schar, Lascelles, Longstaff and Almiron were all available to Steve Bruce. Anderson and Murphy came off the bench and were also available to Bruce. All those players have improved under Eddie Howe.

To be fair, I think Bob’s comment is fair enough. It is a wretched end. He’s the player who could have had it all. It’s a sad end, but I’m not sure that athletes who cheat to gain advantage are that worthy of sympathy. Funnily enough when I was lucky enough to meet legendary United fan Darren Campbell and his medals, he wasn’t that complimentary about what drugs cheat Dwain Chambers had cost him.

Stuart Atwell doing his best to ruin the Burnley/Chelsea match - 8 fouls 5 bookings ( sorry make that 6 he's just booked Poch as well) WTF!

Good win for Chelsea today with the international bore break coming up.
Poor in the 1st half but a bit of good fortune to go in level at half time.
Totally dominant in the 2nd half with a motm performance from Sterling closely followed by the impressive Cole Palmer.
Small steps in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back