advertisement

All purpose football thread 2023/24 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy Robertson looks like he'll miss a month or so with a dislocated shoulder injury, all Jurgen needs from the International break.

I don't think I've ever seen less pushing and shoving in the box. The keeper made no effort to go for the ball, expecting a header, he wasn't impeded from doing so. The thing the annoyed the Scots was the ref changing his story about why the goal was disallowed between offside and foul. If anyone should know it would the person who gave it you might think!

I don't think I've ever seen less pushing and shoving in the box. The thing the annoyed the Scots was the ref changing his story about why the goal was disallowed between offside and foul. If anyone should know it would the person who gave it you might think!

And no protests from the Spanish. Some commentators think there was an off-side.

Not sure what the fuss is about. The Scotchish chap is clearly leaning into the goal keeper and preventing home from jumping. Clear and obvious foul.

53256796381_42b768d3aa_z.jpg

53257094768_a6bd983290_z.jpg

Well done to Southgate and his men for qualifying for next years Euros with two games remaining and by comfortably winning a tough group. The lack of match practice for Philips, who should have been sent off, Maguire and Grealish was evident plus no Saka or Shaw or Reece James available so all in all a strong performance.

Last edited:
Decent show from England yesterday - second goal in particular. Still think Southgate and England can hit higher highs though.

I so want Philips to do well, as I really like him as a player, but lack of matches isn't helping him. He looks to be trying too hard at times, and makes mistakes. I can't see how he will get more match time though, as long as Rodri is available. And he looked a little iffy at first, but look at him now!

Didn't watch the match but just seen the foul on youtube - in the PL that's a red never mind a yellow.

After a quiet start, Kane looked like he was enjoying himself against the current Italian defence whereas there is no way he would have got past Bonucci and Chiellini for his third goal had they still being playing.

Thank goodness for the return of club football. A tough game for City against Brighton, but the return of Rodri and Stones will be highly welcomed. Safe travels to any match goers and keep enjoying the beautiful game.

Thank goodness for the return of club football. A tough game for City against Brighton, but the return of Rodri and Stones will be highly welcomed. Safe travels to any match goers and keep enjoying the beautiful game.
I'll second that.
Don't normally watch City but I'll make an exception today as I think it could be an interesting one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back