advertisement

All purpose football thread 2022/23 Season

We disagree - I do not know the source of City's money, other than who the owners are, but I do know that we were exonerated by CAS. The club is owned by Sheikh Mansour and Silver Lake Capital - again the misinformation about ownership is rife. The Human Rights issues are a separate matter, and one that I choose to not inform myself about - they are a global issue, affecting most of the world's nations, in some form or another.

I don't assume guilt or innocence: I hope that we are proven not guilty. The papers have been speaking all week about our guilt and what charges should befall us, even running polls on potential punishments. They do so for clicks and comments, not doing so about most other cases that will likely result in a legal case.

Money is an issue in the game, that is true.

The parasites are the journalists involved in self-promotion, quoting unnamed sources and suspicions.
The journalists are just doing their job, as they would & do with dodgy politicians.

You can’t really downplay the human rights issues & then say that you’ve chosen not to look too deeply into it.

Whichever way you look at it there are a litany of charges & there will be commentary on it by the press.

The journalists are just doing their job, as they would & do with dodgy politicians.

You can’t really downplay the human rights issues & then say that you’ve chosen not to look too deeply into it.

Whichever way you look at it there are a litany of charges & there will be commentary on it by the press.

Commentary, yes. Assumptions of guilt, polls for punishments - no. We are innocent until proven guilty.

Well, let’s be honest, Grealish is a complete cheat. Do Man City really have to resort to this?

I enjoyed the Leeds MUFC game, the former will almost certainly stay up & the latter look certain for the top 4.

Tripped himself up and gets a penalty.Why am I not surprised that VAR didn't get involved - horrendous catalogue of errors this weekend.
He doesn’t seem to get as much stick for it as Sterling did, can’t think why;)

Yes, a lot of errors this weekend, makes it pointless.

Thankfully, a win for City yesterday. The line-up was one filled with experience and leadership, and it made a statement about the type of game Pep wanted. The first half saw some excellent football and complete control of the game. The fans were up for it, and so were the players. The second have was sloppy, and one where the changes made reduced the effectiveness of the team. The refereeing was strange, again: Haaland's 'foul' on the keeper was ridiculous, as was Dias' 'menacing' run to the referee - if that is a booking then Fernandes would have been banned many, many times. As for the Grealish penalty, I thought it was a dive, and then the replay and the commentary made me question my first choice.

I think the Arsenal game will be a real challenge. They are in better form than us, but we have the players to beat anyone, on our day. Mostly, I am just looking forward to what happens on the pitch: the other stuff is just frustrating and tiring, no matter how removed from it we may be.

I think the Arsenal game will be a real challenge.
It should be a cracker although having dropped points in their last 2 matches I think the pressure is probably more on Arsenal.
A bit surprised that the match clashes with the first two last 16 CL matches.

Decent return to form by City (De Bruyne), helped by Villa giving up. The galacticos - tale of two halves. Still very mid-table. Leeds were decent but ultimately fell into a trap. Lego Pep needs to figure out what to do up front if he is to beat his mentor. Antonio looked a little worse for wear, both on and off the pitch. Be good to see Brentford, Brighton or Fulham in Europe next season.

It should be a cracker although having dropped points in their last 2 matches I think the pressure is probably more on Arsenal.
A bit surprised that the match clashes with the first two last 16 CL matches.

I think there is a lot of pressure for both, but also a deal of respect.

I really don’t think Grealish is worth £100m, very little end product. Thought he would be better under Pep but seems to have gone backwards.

I really don’t think Grealish is worth £100m, very little end product. Thought he would be better under Pep but seems to have gone backwards.
I've always thought he holds on to the ball for too long - I don't think he improves their first eleven but when you're as good as they are that's by no means easy.

It is definitely arguable that Grealish has been City's best player this season, along with Rodri. He helps to create a lot of space for others, in addition to what he creates individually.

advertisement

Back