advertisement

All purpose football thread 2022/23 Season

The Court of Arbitration found in favour of Manchester City. The public statements and social media opinion are filled with bias and political manoeuvring, on both sides, and are no basis for argument, IMO. I hope that vindication is ours.

It is very interesting to note that a Qatari bid for United is imminent, at the same time as it is believed that they are one of two main clubs applying pressure on the PL to act against City, and one of the main opponents of the independent review panel.
Yes, West Ham could probably do with better owners if they want to hold onto Packet and Rice beyond the summer.

CC signs a new contract at WBA. Where does this leave Leeds, I wonder. I’m pretty sure they were going to try to nab him.

Source : BBC

It’s not the same as Liverpool with their saintly owners & fans. Ok the America owners are going to trouser huge sums & the new owners will be…
Imagine if it’s a questionable regime…
If we are being honest, being a football fan is like being a parent; it makes hypocrites of us all.

I'll have you know Liverpool's owners are rapacious capitalists, not a sports-washing corrupt authoritarian state. Quite different.
I sincerely hope the new LFC owners are not a middle east state, but if they are I wouldn't defend them to the death and close my eyes to their misdeeds, unlike others on this thread.

The Court of Arbitration found in favour of Manchester City.

They found, by a majority of 2-1, that they could not consider these charges because the charges were raised more than five years before a date the lawyers argued about at some length. Hence the allegations were "time barred" as the CAS put it and so not so much "in favour" as "not investigated".

There may, of course, have been a perfectly innocent explanation for the movements of millions of pounds between various entities connected to Sheikh Mansour and the Man City sponsors and ultimately the club but sadly we will never know. Although CAS does also note that City "were well aware that payments [via ADUG then via a third party then via Etisalat] were made as equity funding not as genuine sponsorship liabilities".

https://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/user_upload/CAS_Award_6785___internet__.pdf

It is very interesting to note that a Qatari bid for United is imminent

This is actually interesting as they might have to give up their ownership of PSG and the subsequent "sorry lads you are going to have be shit again and go back to the Euro Vase only" will be delicious.

I'll have you know Liverpool's owners are rapacious capitalists, not a sports-washing corrupt authoritarian state. Quite different.
I sincerely hope the new LFC owners are not a middle east state, but if they are I wouldn't defend them to the death and close my eyes to their misdeeds, unlike others on this thread.

It's so lovely to have Liverpool supporters back on the thread: your kind words have been missed greatly.

Who knows how this will pan out. Will Citeh be forever seen as the Lance Armstrong of football? The capable athlete(s) with a fairy tale backstory and (un-)explained rise in fortunes? The bullies who said that they'd never failed any 'tests' or been found guilty of anything. Purveyors of Maxwellian legal threats to silence anyone who raised questions and a steadfast reluctance to engage in the process?
Who knows.
One thing does stand out though. Citeh have raised the bar in the League in terms of what is needed in terms of points to win the title. This of course has increased competition at the top and it's no surprise to see my club, Liverpool and perhaps to a lesser extent Citeh suffering fatigue in the relentless necessity to win just about every game.

Stadium expansion now possible for Newcastle as another disgrace by the FCB is sorted by the new ownership.

The club, which is dealing with unprecedented demand for tickets, has agreed to buy back Strawberry Place.

Source: Shields Gazette

The Court of Arbitration found in favour of Manchester City. The public statements and social media opinion are filled with bias and political manoeuvring, on both sides, and are no basis for argument, IMO. I hope that vindication is ours.

It is very interesting to note that a Qatari bid for United is imminent, at the same time as it is believed that they are one of two main clubs applying pressure on the PL to act against City, and one of the main opponents of the independent review panel.

There were lots of bids for Chelsea when the sale had to be done, so no doubt that Man United will have even more bee's buzzing around the honey pot.

Wasted a couple of hours this morning trying to get a ticket for the CL Chelsea v Dortmund last 16 tie.
Never managed to get out of the virtual waiting room until all areas of the ground were sold out bar Westview (West Stand Upper Tier).
For the privilege of sitting on a padded seat and a bit of strategically placed heating they want a cool £240 per ticket.:eek:
But (I hear you say) surely you get a complimentary meal or at least a drink? Err no.............................!
Just to give a bit of perspective this part of the ground is roughly 4X as expensive as all other general admission areas.

Wasted a couple of hours this morning trying to get a ticket for the CL Chelsea v Dortmund last 16 tie.
Never managed to get out of the virtual waiting room until all areas of the ground were sold out bar Westview (West Stand Upper Tier).
For the privilege of sitting on a padded seat and a bit of strategically placed heating they want a cool £240 per ticket.:eek:
But (I hear you say) surely you get a complimentary meal or at least a drink? Err no.............................!
Just to give a bit of perspective this part of the ground is roughly 4X as expensive as all other general admission areas.
Fook me! Last time I was in the Westview the ticket was £90.

Fook me! Last time I was in the Westview the ticket was £90.
Depends on match category - Southampton at home (for example) is £120 in Westview - still too expensive for what you get imo.
Peed off though as I'll be in London on the day of the match - just have to settle for watching us hammer dirty Leeds a few days earlier (ticket price £23.50)!

Love VAR. Just love VAR.
The offside took so long to give I was beginning to think they'd give the goal. WTF are they looking at to take that long for what is an obvious offside?
And don't get me started on the West Ham defender blatantly diverting the ball off target in the penalty area with his hand - the guy in charge of VAR should be hanging his head in shame.
I expect we'll get an apology and an admission of error in about six weeks from Manures 12th man Howard Webb.
None of this, of course, alters the fact that we were rubbish in the 2nd half despite Potter making his normal flurry of substitutions.
If we get hammered on Wednesday night our season will be over in mid Feb - Potter OUT! - and he can take Cucurella with him.

The offside took so long to give I was beginning to think they'd give the goal. WTF are they looking at to take that long for what is an obvious offside?
And don't get me started on the West Ham defender blatantly diverting the ball off target in the penalty area with his hand - the guy in charge of VAR should be hanging his head in shame.
I expect we'll get an apology and an admission of error in about six weeks from Manures 12th man Howard Webb.
None of this, of course, alters the fact that we were rubbish in the 2nd half despite Potter making his normal flurry of substitutions.
If we get hammered on Wednesday night our season will be over in mid Feb - Potter OUT! - and he can take Cucurella with him.
All's fair in love and war - What about that legitimate goal we had ruled out at your place earlier on in the season?

advertisement

Back