advertisement

All purpose football thread 2022/23 Season

The fixtures are out and we are already seeing comments from ex Liverpool players and fans that Nunez is a better player and fit than Haaland......

I have no idea why people think that one player is better than the other, the reality is that the PL league is different to where they have come from, most of the top 6 have got excellent defenses, lets see how they get on....

The one thing I'm hoping that I hear less of is "How did Sterling/Silva/Gundogan not score from there..."

A summer of optimism for many before reality strikes in August then turning into gloom and doom for many about November time.

The one thing I’m hoping that I hear less of is how Liverpool have replaced Salah, Mané and Firmino (before they’ve departed) for free with Jota, Diaz and Nunez.

A summer of optimism for many before reality strikes in August then turning into gloom and doom for many about November time.

The one thing I’m hoping that I hear less of is how Liverpool have replaced Salah, Mané and Firmino (before they’ve departed) for free with Jota, Diaz and Nunez.
Maybe not this year as the premier league has no games from Nov 12 to Dec 26 because of the World Cup.

No excuses for Pep this season.
He won’t need any.
Nailed on premier league winners.
As for L’Pool they might actually win a cup by scoring a goal in open play with that fearsome forward line.
And Nunez must be better than Haaland, he cost more…

He won’t need any.
As for L’Pool they might actually win a cup by scoring a goal in open play with that fearsome forward line.

No excuses for Pep this season...with the CL. Looking forward to seeing Haaland play though, especially in Pep's system.

Nunez is WIP according the Klopp so just a very expensive penalty taker at the moment. Should fit right in.

He won’t need any.

How can you say he cost more? I have widely seen Nunez reported as £64m and Haaland as a £200m deal?

No excuses for Pep this season...with the CL. Looking forward to seeing Haaland play though, especially in Pep's system.

Nunez is WIP according the Klopp so just a very expensive penalty taker at the moment. Should fit right in.

I am always surprised to see how 'interested' other fans are in City winning the CL - definitely much more interested in it than any City fan I know.

Well much surprise with Liverpools spend already and can only hope there is still more to come with some bolstering of the midfield needed. Nunez came as a surprise to me as I had seen him twice in the CL games and he looked decent . Our transfer group seem to get things right most of the time so will have to wait and see how he gets on . Despite the silly media comments he is not a patch on Haaland and will hopefully be improved by Klopp and the coaching staff . Given how we are set for budgets I can see us selling Mane and quite possibly Salah as well before the end of the transfer window unless Salah changes his mind and signs a new deal . Minimino will also likely move on as well as Ox . With the five already gone we will probably still be able to afford a couple more but would like to see us complete the signing from Aberdeen soon .

As soon as i pressed return on the above the news came through that Calvin Ramsey has completed his deal to sign at a reported £6.5 million . That could prove to be a very good signing going forward and may take a little pressure off Trent . Have to say like with the Nunez transfer much prefer the floated clubs need to be transparent and give all details of the transfer including the add ons . Stops the silly season reporting that this that and the other might be included . Instead you get the full transfer fee and what it will be with addons no arguments. Haarland deal should have been the same really with full details of the fee (which was supposed to be £55 mil as his buy out clause) and then add ons if any a bargain in anyone's book if you compare that to Mbappe .

No idea what the season holds for Everton , looks like there's a takeover on the cards .

I'm not a member and could not give a flyin f... about what is discussed or done there. For a bit of balance I am also not a member of any Liverpool or any other clubs forums . If you are all supporting the same team then views become a little narrow and forget having any perspective. I like being part of a general forum but admit that I would prefer more football discussion rather than so called banter which is in most cases just slanging matches from entrenched lines.

As soon as i pressed return on the above the news came through that Calvin Ramsey has completed his deal to sign at a reported £6.5 million . That could prove to be a very good signing going forward and may take a little pressure off Trent . Have to say like with the Nunez transfer much prefer the floated clubs need to be transparent and give all details of the transfer including the add ons . Stops the silly season reporting that this that and the other might be included . Instead you get the full transfer fee and what it will be with addons no arguments. Haarland deal should have been the same really with full details of the fee (which was supposed to be £55 mil as his buy out clause) and then add ons if any a bargain in anyone's book if you compare that to Mbappe .

Unfortunately, the media will sensationalise some fees and dumb some fees down. That is why we saw Haaland reported as a £200m deal, because the papers included wages for the duration of the contract, and any other spurious amount they could lay their hands on, despite the €55m (£51m) release clause paid. Nunez is reported as £64m, ignoring the add ons present in the deal that take it to an £85m fee. No criticism of Liverpool here, only the media. Sancho is another who was bought for £75m with no mention, or inclusion, of the £350k per week for five years. It is what Pep referred to some weeks ago.

Regardless, I always look forward to the season ahead and it will be exciting, for sure. I am looking forward to seeing how Newcastle develop, as I like Eddie Howe very much, similar with Graham Potter at Brighton.

advertisement

Back