advertisement

All purpose football thread 2022/23 Season

Yet more crap from Town, sack a manager yet no bounce, appealing from top to bottom.

Anyone who supports an established EPL team is living the dream. If my club went bust tomorrow & ceased to exist I’d be delighted.

Last edited:
Depends on match category - Southampton at home (for example) is £120 in Westview - still too expensive for what you get imo.
Peed off though as I'll be in London on the day of the match - just have to settle for watching us hammer dirty Leeds a few days earlier (ticket price £23.50)!
And you think your team are good, what a laugh

Lee Mason and VAR. According to MOTD it was this bloke again yesterday.

He’s going to be in the mix for worst VAR decision of the season award with the incident in the arse match yesterday and Newcastle v Palace match earlier on.

Good luck to Manchester City after a difficult week. The press conference was quite remarkable, with Pep showing the leadership and balls that single him out as a remarkable manager, and man. The constant unnamed accusations are tiresome, as are the repeated lies for clicks, and I hope, genuinely, that City wins the case, and then works through every, single one of these parasites. The fine (by CAS) that is often used as some kind of evidence of guilt is always an interesting one: City admitted that they had refused to cooperate with UEFA, and therefore happily took the fine. However, the fine was reduced from £50m to £10m because CAS accepted City's evidence that they refused to cooperate because they did not trust UEFA, with submitted papers ending in the hands of third parties. I have little doubt that some of City's defence will be about vested interests and their influence on the PL case.

On a separate note, what kind of professional organisation only allows two out of nineteen of its members to vet candidates for the new CEO position, and then objects to independent regulation of its activities, as do five of the other 'top 6 clubs'? City is a driving force for independent regulation.

Take the absolute values here with a pinch of salt but the disparity in incomes across the Championship needs to be dealt with urgently, it's easy to see why Burnley are running away with the division...

https://the72.co.uk/2023/02/08/how-much-money-has-each-championship-side-spent-this-season/

Are these figures net, because I know that Burnley have also sold a number of players?

I have some bias in the equation here, but the changes that have been made to the style of play at Burnley have been quite remarkable.

Are the parachute payments still a thing?

Are these figures net, because I know that Burnley have also sold a number of players?

I have some bias in the equation here, but the changes that have been made to the style of play at Burnley have been quite remarkable.

Are the parachute payments still a thing?

It's definitely the parachute payments that are creating an unfair league. In contrast Coventry (my team) are unable to register the full squad of 25 senior players with the EFL. I don't know how many others are in the same boat.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61809071

Good luck to Manchester City after a difficult week. The press conference was quite remarkable, with Pep showing the leadership and balls that single him out as a remarkable manager, and man. The constant unnamed accusations are tiresome, as are the repeated lies for clicks, and I hope, genuinely, that City wins the case, and then works through every, single one of these parasites. The fine (by CAS) that is often used as some kind of evidence of guilt is always an interesting one: City admitted that they had refused to cooperate with UEFA, and therefore happily took the fine. However, the fine was reduced from £50m to £10m because CAS accepted City's evidence that they refused to cooperate because they did not trust UEFA, with submitted papers ending in the hands of third parties. I have little doubt that some of City's defence will be about vested interests and their influence on the PL case.

On a separate note, what kind of professional organisation only allows two out of nineteen of its members to vet candidates for the new CEO position, and then objects to independent regulation of its activities, as do five of the other 'top 6 clubs'? City is a driving force for independent regulation.
No offence, but I have little idea what you are talking about. Constant unnamed accusations, repeated lies for clicks? What are you referring to?

It's definitely the parachute payments that are creating an unfair league. In contrast Coventry (my team) are unable to register the full squad of 25 senior players with the EFL. I don't know how many others are in the same boat.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61809071
Obvs parachute payments matter. Is it disputed?

Why aren’t Norwich and Watford also running away with it?
Burnley are doing well because it is a well run club with a good manager that has been able to spend money due to previous seasons of being consistently well run and in the Premier League.

Money isn't the sole determiner as we know but it makes a huge difference. When the less well off clubs struggle with injuries in the winter months and have to play juniors, the richer clubs have much deeper squads to call on. It matters both in terms of starting elevens and in options from the bench later in games with so many subs being allowed these days.

No offence, but I have little idea what you are talking about. Constant unnamed accusations, repeated lies for clicks? What are you referring to?

None taken. I am talking of newspaper headlines, stories, and the Twitter feeds of journalists.

This is a terrible post, sorry. You know the source of cities money & the questionable nature of human rights within the country. Pep also knows but is more interested in his project & the money to achieve it.

Let’s see what happens with the charges. I don’t think we can assume innocence or guilt.

Of course this isn’t unique to city, the whole EPL is rotten due to money. City are arguably the worst offenders along with Chelsea.

Who are the parasites by the way?

Burnley have always been a well run club, at least since they’ve been on the EPL. Championship is a basket case of a league, most clubs run wages in excess of turnover & clubs like Huddersfield Town squander any advantage from parachute payments.

Footballers in this division still earn eye watering sums, many well in excess of £1m per year.

This is a terrible post, sorry. You know the source of cities money & the questionable nature of human rights within the country. Pep also knows but is more interested in his project & the money to achieve it.

Let’s see what happens with the charges. I don’t think we can assume innocence or guilt.

Of course this isn’t unique to city, the whole EPL is rotten due to money. City are arguably the worst offenders along with Chelsea.

Who are the parasites by the way?

We disagree - I do not know the source of City's money, other than who the owners are, but I do know that we were exonerated by CAS. The club is owned by Sheikh Mansour and Silver Lake Capital - again the misinformation about ownership is rife. The Human Rights issues are a separate matter, and one that I choose to not inform myself about - they are a global issue, affecting most of the world's nations, in some form or another.

I don't assume guilt or innocence: I hope that we are proven not guilty. The papers have been speaking all week about our guilt and what charges should befall us, even running polls on potential punishments. They do so for clicks and comments, not doing so about most other cases that will likely result in a legal case.

Money is an issue in the game, that is true.

The parasites are the journalists involved in self-promotion, quoting unnamed sources and suspicions.

advertisement

Back