advertisement

All purpose football thread 2022/23 Season

Because?
The highest levels of the game are physically and mentally demanding. Some of these players have been competing in the final stages of four competitions a season for several years, and Pep is a relentlessly demanding manager. Anyone thinking that does not take its toll is blinkered or naive.

And where are you in the league. Just because your team is not dominating everything this season you put it down to a few players being fatigued not that there is a team above currently outplaying you, anybody putting it down to ‘over work’ is either blinkered or naive.

When you've dominated the league for the last few seasons like City have it's understandable to have a dip - plus the fact Arsenal have been nothing short of incredible this season.
Trophies, however, are dished out in May - the league is nowhere near a done deal yet.

And where are you in the league. Just because your team is not dominating everything this season you put it down to a few players being fatigued not that there is a team above currently outplaying you, anybody putting it down to ‘over work’ is either blinkered or naive.

I have no issue with Arsenal, whatsoever, as anyone who has read any of my posts knows. I responded to a point raised about DeBruyne, and said that the same could be said about the majority of the squad. It isn't about not being top of the league, it is about our own performance levels.

So Chelsea still have a chance?

Mathematically yes. Should Chelsea win all of their 17 remaining games they would end the season with 81 points. Of course, those above them particularly Arsenal and Man C would have to be on relegation type form. This scenario would suit me fine as I had £20 on Chelski at 22/1 in September.

Mathematically yes. Should Chelsea win all of their 17 remaining games they would end the season with 81 points. Of course, those above them particularly Arsenal and Man C would have to be on relegation type form. This scenario would suit me fine as I had £20 on Chelski at 22/1 in September.
er...it was a joke...

Another interesting weekend of football. Kane certainly has scored a lot of goals - a top striker, and a deserved win for Spurs on Sunday. Apparently, Liverpool have had more book releases than away wins this season. Not sure if that is true but what we can be fairly certain of is that we are now past peak Klopp. A minor event though compared to the 'football' dished out by the 630 million+ Galacticos (aka London's fifth-best team) at Stamford Bridge. Judging by the boos (and cheers for Willian), money can’t buy you love (or goals). And Sky Sports trolling Chelsea - priceless. Also a shout-out to Fulham who are a well-organised outfit. As for the City, maybe they could learn to pass the ball to the Haaland once in a while (and get up to speed on the ins and outs of the legalities of sports sponsorship).

I don't believe that for a second.
This will drag on for years.
Difficult to disagree this comment on BBC we site

It shows how useless the PL are. It's taken them 17 years to act on what they believe is unlawful practice under their own roof. If ever there's an advert for an independent body this is it.

I don't believe that for a second.
This will drag on for years.
It has happened in Italy & also serious measures in Scotland but I tend to agree.

We all know football finance is murky at best & rotten at worst. EPL is only interested in money.

If you let something happen for 10 years or more you can’t just suddenly decide it’s now wrong. Obviously this happened with Chelsea but no calls for their titles to be stripped.

What an absolute farce.

If you let something happen for 10 years or more you can’t just suddenly decide it’s now wrong. Obviously this happened with Chelsea but no calls for their titles to be stripped.

What an absolute farce.

Indeed. Though it wouldn’t mean much, I’m sure Man U and Liverpool would happily have another three PLs each, but I just can’t see it happening. Any fine is pointless, and an automatic relegation would soon be overcome. Just a total mess.

Abramovich’s initial spending spree was before FFP though, and why it was brought in, of course. I like the (apocryphal) story of him flying over London soon after he arrived, looking for a new training ground...

That looks perfect.
It’s Hyde Park.
Who owns it?
The Queen.
Ask her how much she wants.

should impose £1bn fine, wage cap for a decade, in bound transfer ban for 5 years, relegation to National League 2.

advertisement

Back