advertisement

All purpose football thread 2022/23 Season

Well my sister is over just now from the US were she is now living . So tonight her and her husband Hank plus my younger brother are all going to meet up in town have something to eat then off to Pogues to watch the UTD - Liverpool game . Hopefully Liverpool will do the decent for us and put on a good show but something about this game just does not feel right even now. Surely UTD can not continue to be as poor as they have been so far ? They must be able to conjure up a performance like they did against Liverpool in pre season ? Well as has been the case in all the games in the Pl so far Liverpool have been slow starting and this will give any opposition a chance. My sister will also be going to the next home game the only home game while she is here so that will be good as well , come on Liverpool stir yourself and send our kid back to the US with a big smile on her face and play like we all know you can . Most of all though lets carry the entertainment level that has been present this weekend with at least two cracking games in Chelsea - Leeds and Newcastle - City .

I beg your pardon.

Have you ever played on Ayesome Park or experienced the tension in the tunnel before a big game?

Have you ever exchanged views with Ron Atkinson or Kevin Keegan?

I suspect you are in a small subset if you preferred the opinions of bigfred - I always found him to be bit of a gobshite.

I'd be crying if I was going to Man Utd too.

Screenshot-2022-08-22-at-14-57-45.png

Careful, Colin, there's always a chance your boys might be lower in the table tonight. ;) Personally i'm still reeling from being linked with Maguire, never mind the 3-0 vs Leeds. :D

Casemiro is a lot of money, and a lot of wages. It is typical United though and doesn't seem to fit any cohesive sporting strategy.

Double figures on goals & assists last season - hopefully we've got a few more 'overrated' players coming up through the academy.

Mount is the next Deli Ali - all used up and washed up by the age of 25 and sliding down the football hierarchy until he reaches his correct ability level (somewhere around a mid table team in the Championship), We don’t want him at Boro but the Makkems could do with him P.S. we will take Reece James off your hands.

Thankfully not - although I hear his views on Marcel Desailly are most enlightening.

1. I don’t share Atkinsons views about MD, it was 1979ish and he was one of a panel of football experts at a Q and A forum. I asked him why he thought Revie had failed as the England manager and could he ever see himself doing the job. I was fifteen.

2. Do you think his racist outburst was as bad as John Terrys on Ferdinand?

Can I just remind members that trolling isn’t posting something you disagree with, it’s repeatedly posting that that is contentious. Also if you think someone is trolling, the appropriate action is to report it. Do bear in mind though that the moderator reviewing your post may not agree with you.

Casemiro is a lot of money, and a lot of wages. It is typical United though and doesn't seem to fit any cohesive sporting strategy.

I don't know about that. For once they have finally signed a player that they need, arguably one of the best in his position, and as for the money, there will always be a premium to pay without Champions League football. How old was Fernandinho when he retired, wasn't it 37? If Casemiro plays for that long, and to the same standard, i'd say Man United have a bit of a bargain, with a good 7 years ahead of him. Could do with him at Chelsea, what with an aging and injury prone Kante.

We really couldn't - I would imagine United were first in a queue of 1 at that price.
No resale value and a huge gamble that a player of that age can adapt to the rigours of the PL.

We'll see, but a player that good can normally adapt their game. Look at Thiago Silva.

I think it may come down to his desire to win, maybe after a few games he’ll see the reality and switch off like some other super stars United have bought…

advertisement

Back