advertisement

All purpose football thread 2022/23 Season

Certainly not for Chelsea if there gunna get pissed all over by the relegation fodder ha ha ha enjoy your evening lol, i Certainly am
Yes, enjoy as much of your evening as Karma allows. After a comment like that you will return as a cockroach, or worse, a Spurs fan.

I have to ask, because I left the room after half time, with all the dignity I could muster, did Sterling give away a foul for the second goal?
It was a soft one but as Leeds were so much better than us I think it's clutching at straws a bit.

It was a soft one but as Leeds were so much better than us I think it's clutching at straws a bit.
Yes, have to agree. Early in the first half when Bendy cleared the ball with a big hoof, I said to the Mrs ks, yes! He’s crap with his feet. Then when Koulibouily got his first card I said he would get a second.

We hadn’t shaken off the Spurs result. We will be better.

Okay I am going to say it yet again what the f... is VAR for ? Stones obvious foul in the box is a free kick anywhere on the park which means it should be a foul in the box . Ref bottles it and will not make the call . One view by VAR and they should of been asking him to take another look at it . Instead nothing just nothing . They got away with a hand ball at Goodison and now for me at least they have been given a free pass at St James Park . Great game but things like that should just not be allowed .

Good day today, well done Leeds and Newcastle.

Love watching the French winger for Newcastle - unpredictable, impulsive and kind of the antithesis of the patient almost football by numbers approach by Man C. SaintM is light years ahead of the rest of his team mates though and the Geordies are going to have to spend big or sell him to remove the mismatch. Eddie Howe has a face I would never grow tired of punching.

Mount (the most overrated player in the PL) and Havetz were AWOL and Jorginho overwhelmed in midfield. Chelski could have done with the erm let’s say competitive spirit of Dennis Wise and the racist John Terry.

Great game yesterday and I am delighted with earning a point from where we were in the game. Newcastle were as dangerous as City were sloppy and Saint-Maximin was unplayable for 60 minutes. Haaland is deadly and it is only a matter of time before he is consistently found by the attacking midfielders we have. I do not believe that Newcastle deserved a red card so I think that VAR got that one right. Was it a clear and obvious error? No.

Last edited:
Great game yesterday and I am delighted with earning a point from where we were in the game. Newcastle were as dangerous as City were sloppy and Saint-Maximim was unplayable for 60 minutes. Haaland is deadly and it is only a matter of time before he is consistently found by the attacking midfielders we have. I do not believe that Newcastle deserved a red card so I think that VAR got that one right. Was it a clear and obvious error? No.
It was a great advertisement for the PL, really entertaining stuff.
Bearing in mind our start It was reassuring to see City drop points, I’d had that cold sweats dream of City just powering through the PL winning every game, Saint Max was on fire yesterday.

Mount (the most overrated player in the PL)
Mount has been voted Chelsea Player Of The Season for the last 2 years and starts regularly for club and country all of which suggests to me that you don't really know what you're on about.;)
Chelsea were absolute pants yesterday but I suspect if you took the best two midfielders out of any PL starting line up that team might struggle a bit - all credit to Leeds though who were great and thorougly deserved their convincing victory.
BTW - The 'Chelski' name calling is all a bit last owner now isn't it?
Love watching the French winger for Newcastle
So do I but you might be interested to know that he's managed 12 goals in 95 matches over 3 seasons for Newcastle and never got close to double figures at any time during his career.
Would I still want him at Chelsea? - yes please!:D

Chelsea gifted two goals to Leeds. The Mendy error just should not happen - there is a "get rid of it" event horizon that was well past...he had plenty of time. Credit to Leeds though for their pressing approach and real quality in possession.
ASM is not a goalscorer - his contribution is assists: effectively three assists yesterday as he was fouled for the Trippier free kick.
And he has been very inconsistent...up to now. His main fault is not releasing early enough and ending up down blind alleys or shooting when colleagues are better placed. I imagine the constant reminders from Howe and the likes of Trippier are finally sticking.
However, we are fifth in the form table in 2022 calendar year...this is not just down to ASM. The coaching from Howe being the main positive along with the acquisition of Trippier, Targett, Burn (improving the defence in each case) and Bruno and the reinvention of Joelinton, for which the Coach again gets the plaudits.
I believe the red card was a clear and obvious error: It was a pro foul with no studs, clipping KDB.
The Stones challenge on Cher in the box less so. Kane would have got a pen from it mind!
Oh and - Pope for England.

Double figures on goals & assists last season - hopefully we've got a few more 'overrated' players coming up through the academy.

I meant it proved my point about Chelski supporters not knowing anything about football. His record is ok but given the team is set up for Mount to succeed but often he is unable to deliver and the same applies when he plays for England. Reece otoh is very effective going forward.

Chelsea gifted the game to Leeds in the first half, the crowd definitely got to the players. It’s a long season & Chelsea will probably finish 4th.

advertisement

Back