advertisement

All purpose football thread 2022/23 Season

Gallagher getting sent off - terrible. If I were Chelsea I'd put him out on loan again, I know just the place.

A superb win from City today, having looked out of it against a very resolute Crystal Palace. Haaland scoring a hattrick is no surprise - he is deadly if given the chances. MOM was Bernardo who was unplayable in the second half. Alvarez and Gundogan helped to change the game in our favour and Alvarez looks a diamond.

Well done to Brighton, once again and congratulations to Raz on his first goals for Chelsea.

A shame as he started the game very well - trying just a bit too hard imo.
I hope he stays at Chelsea this season.

His best chance of an England place is Palace where he fits better and is guaranteed regular starts. Chelsea don't need him.

A superb win from City today, having looked out of it against a very resolute Crystal Palace. Haaland scoring a hattrick is no surprise - he is deadly if given the chances. MOM was Bernardo who was unplayable in the second half. Alvarez and Gundogan helped to change the game in our favour and Alvarez looks a diamond.

Well done to Brighton, once again and congratulations to Raz on his first goals for Chelsea.

He looks some player. With just a couple of City aquisitions costing more than the Palace squad, you would hope they might manage. Brighton playing well for Potter again, good to see.

Up to second!!!

We'll probably be last on MoTD but who cares!!

You have done remarkably well particularly after your recent troubled history and now into a secure PL team.

Just have to keep your fingers crossed that Potter stays for the journey!

He will move on eventually, not sure where though, City? Liverpool? His methods took a couple of years to succeed at the Amex so I don't think he's particularly suited to the England job.

If/when he does I'm sure we'll have a replacement ready to step up, e.g. former captain Bruno?

The plan is working at the moment, bring in young intelligent players with potential, coach them well and sell at the right price with a replacement ready. White £50m, Cucurella £62m after one season each in the Prem. We've not missed either (nor Bissouma £25m plus add-ons). We've got 10 points from 4 games and only conceded 1 goal in 4 games so far!

25 years on from near relegation from the football league and likely liquidation we're enjoying the ride, and enjoying our, now regular, A23 'derbies' with your team.

He looks some player. With just a couple of City aquisitions costing more than the Palace squad, you would hope they might manage. Brighton playing well for Potter again, good to see.

As you prove though, it is not only about money. You are hard to beat because you are a well-coached, disciplined outfit with some very talented players. Brighton are doing well for the same reason.

His best chance of an England place is Palace where he fits better and is guaranteed regular starts. Chelsea don't need him.
I don't see it happening - Kante & Kova both seem to spend a lot of time injured now.
Gallagher will get plenty of game time at Chelsea and will develop into a regular starter.

I don't see it happening - Kante & Kova both seem to spend a lot of time injured now.
Gallagher will get plenty of game time at Chelsea and will develop into a regular starter.

I didn't say it would, I said it would be in his best interest. Let's have this conversation again mid season when he will either be on loan and playing regular football and in the England set up, or he will have shivers in his arse from Chelsea's bench and a doubtful international career.

I didn't say it would, I said it would be in his best interest. Let's have this conversation again mid season when he will either be on loan and playing regular football and in the England set up, or he will have shivers in his arse from Chelsea's bench and a doubtful international career.
We'll see.
Alternatively you could just develop your own youngsters and stop trying to nick ours.;)

We'll see.
Alternatively you could just develop your own youngsters and stop trying to nick ours.;)

Oh we have plenty, you guys could stop buying up talent for over-sized squads just to play them occasionally and keep them out of other teams. :)

Quite a response from Liverpool after last weeks embarrassment, Palace are starting to look a dangerous team but can’t quite keep momentum. Chairboys eeked out a home draw, at leat we didn’t lose.

Edit Haaland is a beast!

Meanwhile in North Wales… Welcome to Wrexham has started on Disney Plus. No great insights in the first two episodes but apparently it gets better.

Much love here for Brighton. Won’t ever forget our reciprocal relationship.

Quite a response from Liverpool after last weeks embarrassment, Palace are starting to look a dangerous team but can’t quite keep momentum. Chairboys eeked out a home draw, at leat we didn’t lose.

Edit Haaland is a beast!

Caught the Liverpool highlights this morning - particularly enjoyed watching the smug smile being wiped from stupid Scott Parker’s stupid face wearing his stupid school tie/cardigan combination at his stupid seaside town football club. It must be a Bournemouth thing, I felt exactly the same about Eddie doesnt know Howe. Mind you Firminhios teeth get me similarly riled.

As normal went to the game yesterday but with both my brother and my sister who is on a visit from the US where she lives now . Bournemouth are a very poor side and they will be lucky to get away this season without being the lowest points total for a side in the PL . But you have to play what is in front of you and for the first time this season Liverpool aside from Salah they were not wasting chances on goal but converting them for fun . Last season when we got four goals up we would switch to game management mode and as they say see the game out . Yesterday both Klopp and the team seemed fired up to go for it right to the last minute and hence the score line . This is not signs that all of our problems have vanished in the same way the poor start was not the sign that Liverpool were finished . We will have gained a good deal of confidence and with some players back this week things are looking a little better . Lets see were things are after ten games .

advertisement

Back