advertisement

All purpose football thread 2022/23 Season

That was a tough watch. A win is all, but Inter had a good game plan and made it very hard. Generally, we find a way to win and we have several leaders in the team who stood strong. Thanks for the congratulations and good thoughts.

Great result, enjoyed the game and the best team won. Some near misses to go 2 up and kill it, then great saves/bit of luck near the end that every team needs. Very well deserved.

He has really become a phenomenal player, and yes - he was the best on the night, IMO.
Yeah on reflection and having slept on it I think he was motm.
I picked out Silva straight after the game because he was absolutely relentless with his chasing down and once he got the ball the only way they could get it back off him was to foul.
He's the sort of player that everyone wants in their team and the opposition hate.

Very pleased City won, unfortunately we don't have BT so couldn't watch the game, instead had to keep up with the game on the BBC site. :(

I do remember when Stones first played for England, saying he should be our defensive midfielder instead of Dyer. It would appear Pep has seen the light. :D

Yeah on reflection and having slept on it I think he was motm.
I picked out Silva straight after the game because he was absolutely relentless with his chasing down and once he got the ball the only way they could get it back off him was to foul.
He's the sort of player that everyone wants in their team and the opposition hate.

I think we may have seen the last of him but he has been wonderful for us. He is so technically good on the ball that it is hard to get it from him, and his workrate gives opponents a torrid 90m, for he will keep going all that time. What he lacks, if anything, is directness - the ability to turn the game in an instant - if he had it, he would be at the very top of the world game.

Very pleased City won, unfortunately we don't have BT so couldn't watch the game, instead had to keep up with the game on the BBC site. :(

I do remember when Stones first played for England, saying he should be our defensive midfielder instead of Dyer. It would appear Pep has seen the light. :D
It was free to air on YouTube because it was a category A sporting event.

Great result, enjoyed the game and the best team won. Some near misses to go 2 up and kill it, then great saves/bit of luck near the end that every team needs. Very well deserved.

Bang on - there are always going to be moments in every match where you need the rub of the green. We were the more progressive outfit but Inter's pressing in the central midfield area made things difficult. In such situations, Foden is especially valuable and I hope, and think, that he will be moved more central next season.

I think many players hit their peak at this age, and have done for many years, even though most seem to recognise 27/28. Goalkeepers are a different kettle of fish.

Players who start their top flight careers early often peak early and are gone before they reach 30.

Interesting game last night, Inter had some incredible chances at the end. Overall, it could have gone either way.

A two-team final is never, ever a shoe-in. There is so much pressure and expectation that often players and teams simply fail to deliver the usual standard. I thought the final was one of our poorest performances of the season, and it could have gone either way, but we were the better side...just.

A two-team final is never, ever a shoe-in. There is so much pressure and expectation that often players and teams simply fail to deliver the usual standard. I thought the final was one of our poorest performances of the season, and it could have gone either way, but we were the better side...just.
Inter played well, the stakes were incredibly high for both teams.

advertisement

Back