advertisement

All purpose football thread 2022/23 Season

I’m hoping for a treble.

Spaffer gone and Trump indicted is the first two legs sorted. C’mon Inter. Don’t think it will happen though.

Leaving aside all the baggage (alleged rule breaking FFP etc) I hope and fully expect City to do it in style.
They are, without a shadow of doubt, the outstanding team in Europe and winning this competition is overdue.
I expect the fans will behave themselves as well - which will make a nice change.

I am not really bothered either way. I find the Pep love in a bit nauseating but will be pleased for either set of fans.

I am pretty sure the sportswashing won’t go away in terms of media coverage & nor should it. It’s happening across sport, especially golf.

If you fancy a bit of nostalgia, check out When English football Ruled Europe on the ITV Player. The first episode covers the 77-80 period when Liverpool and Cloughies Forrest won two CL trophies apiece in consecutive years. I had forgot they played each other in the first round one year with one team qualifying as English champions and the other as the previous years European Cup winners.

I would be supporting my son's team too, if I wasn't a City fan. Do you live out there or have a connection?

Afraid not. From memory he started supporting Inter when he was five or six although the reason why escapes me. He flys to Milan twice a year to see them though and has even taken us with him. I really enjoyed the San Siro atmosphere and tour (there are three changing rooms - visitors, Milans and Inters) and found the museum fascinating including the reason behind their split.

Afraid not. From memory he started supporting Inter when he was five or six although the reason why escapes me. He flys to Milan twice a year to see them though and has even taken us with him. I really enjoyed the San Siro atmosphere and tour (there are three changing rooms - visitors, Milans and Inters) and found the museum fascinating including the reason behind their split.
I started supporting Inter , from a distance, when I was 11 years old. We had to go to the only shop in Liverpool that sold the uniform for my new school and the school scarf was thick black and blue bars/stripes, when I got home I looked at my Subbuteo chart for a team that played in those colours and Inter were the ones I recognised. I’ve never been to Milan but need to go before they move ground, still got the scarf 52 years later.

I started supporting Inter , from a distance, when I was 11 years old. We had to go to the only shop in Liverpool that sold the uniform for my new school and the school scarf was thick black and blue bars/stripes, when I got home I looked at my Subbuteo chart for a team that played in those colours and Inter were the ones I recognised. I’ve never been to Milan but need to go before they move ground, still got the scarf 52 years later.

That is as good a reason as any. My wife and I both love Alfa Romeos which may have influenced our youngests choice of footie team. Anyway, I wonder if Pep is going to make one of his tactical changes for the game like he did against Chelski in 2021 - maybe Silva and Marhez at centre back.

I like that kids feel a connection with something. I feel blessed that my son and I share a love for City because we have been on the journey together - most of my life winning absolutely nothing, just like his first ten years, and then 12 years of trophies, hopefully adding another tonight.

Walker dropped to the bench tonight, interesting, he's been excellent this season.
He has.
He's used Walker a lot against pacy wingers.
However, tonight's lineup has been used versus teams with more central threats. They'll be booting it up to Dzeko so the extra height of Ake is a plus.

I knew about that, but Pep said it wasn't the reason.

Fair enough - I didn't hear that. They attack very centrally, rather than with width, and have an aerial threat with Dzeko, so perhaps he feels less need for the strengths that Kyle has. They are also not an especially pacy side.

Promise I didn't read @weekender 's post before I wrote this.

Not watched much footy over the last couple of years but am watching this evening and very much hoping that City win it in style.

advertisement

Back