advertisement

All purpose football thread 2022/23 Season

Congratulations to Luton Town. A journey from the Premier League down to Non League, and then back up to the Premier League takes some doing.

A tough game to lose, so commiserations gavreid. Wonder whether they will have their ground in order to start the season? Not been a fan of Luton. There was the time when I went down with Liverpool on the special only to get ambushed by the Luton under 8s and chased back to the train station! That was in the days of Dr Fun ( a trifle odd chap ), Jaffa and other regulars on the away trip. The there was the twice replayed cup match when they didn't turn up to Anfield ( stuck in traffic... ) and all the catering went to waste, that dispelled the myth that the Reds were Vikings as they were great at pillaging but not so good at the Luton...

A tough game to lose, so commiserations gavreid. Wonder whether they will have their ground in order to start the season? Not been a fan of Luton. There was the time when I went down with Liverpool on the special only to get ambushed by the Luton under 8s and chased back to the train station! That was in the days of Dr Fun ( a trifle odd chap ), Jaffa and other regulars on the away trip. The there was the twice replayed cup match when they didn't turn up to Anfield ( stuck in traffic... ) and all the catering went to waste, that dispelled the myth that the Reds were Vikings as they were great at pillaging but not so good at the Luton...

I'm more gutted for my little (big) one! If you score your five pens you expect to win really.

advertisement

Back